ASDA Direct: Anyone else had a bad experience?

:rant: Rant Warning :rant:

Ordered a new TV from ASDA Direct yesterday & paid an extra £4.50 for next day delivery and was told it would be delivered today.

This morning I used the ASDA Direct website to track my order. It showed this message:

"Delivery status:

Whole Order Despatched - All of the items shown below have left our warehouse and are on their way to you. You can use the tracking link below to see how your delivery is progressing."

I called ASDA Direct to ask about delivery times, was told that they deliver up until 2pm on Saturdays so the TV should be with me by then.

Called again at 2.30 to enquire about delivery again to be told that my item would not be delivered today. I was then told this was because of "A delay" and then that the Delivery company hadn't received my item.

I asked for a refund for the next day delivery payment, and was told that it should be delivered on Monday. Will do my research next time as I've found quite a few bad reviews about their service.

Really annoyed as I've been a work all week and would've loved to have done something with the kids instead of wait in for a TV that never showed up!

Anyone else had a bad experience with them?

Yes,they are shocking!

I will never use them again.My biggest mistake was to place an order,and then check internet reviews.If I had read those reviews beforehand,I wouldn't have placed an order.

Its just as bad if you request the item to be store delivered,because the first thing to come out of the supervisors mouth was "we are a completely different company to Asda direct".

Well thats fine,but has my item been delivered?it says it was delivered 3 days ago,yet every time I phone the store,they fobbed me off.

So I decided to go in personally,and low and behold,it there! and has been there for the last 3 days (according to the assistant):rant:

I spent countless hours on the phone with Asda direct and the store.

Never again!

:rant: Rant Warning :rant:

Ordered a new TV from ASDA Direct yesterday & paid an extra £4.50 for next day delivery and was told it would be delivered today.

This morning I used the ASDA Direct website to track my order. It showed this message:

"Delivery status:

Whole Order Despatched - All of the items shown below have left our warehouse and are on their way to you. You can use the tracking link below to see how your delivery is progressing."

I called ASDA Direct to ask about delivery times, was told that they deliver up until 2pm on Saturdays so the TV should be with me by then.

Called again at 2.30 to enquire about delivery again to be told that my item would not be delivered today. I was then told this was because of "A delay" and then that the Delivery company hadn't received my item.

I asked for a refund for the next day delivery payment, and was told that it should be delivered on Monday. Will do my research next time as I've found quite a few bad reviews about their service.

Really annoyed as I've been a work all week and would've loved to have done something with the kids instead of wait in for a TV that never showed up!

Anyone else had a bad experience with them?

"Next Day" generally doesn't include Saturdays unless it specifies Saturday delivery. This is true of ALL courier services.

"Next Day" means the next 'working' day of which Saturday/Sunday/Bank Holidays are not inclusive. So ordering on a Friday, without specifying Saturday delivery will alway be delivered on a Monday, unless it's a bank holiday to which then it will be Tuesday.

It's perfectly plausible that when you phone Asda that there was some confusion and the CS operative thought you meant delivery times for Saturday deliveries.

"Next Day" generally doesn't include Saturdays unless it specifies Saturday delivery. This is true of ALL courier services.

"Next Day" means the next 'working' day of which Saturday/Sunday/Bank Holidays are not inclusive. So ordering on a Friday, without specifying Saturday delivery will alway be delivered on a Monday, unless it's a bank holiday to which then it will be Tuesday.

It's perfectly plausible that when you phone Asda that there was some confusion and the CS operative thought you meant delivery times for Saturday deliveries.

No it was definitely for today, I double checked on the phone when I placed my order and the confirmation of delivery specifically stated Saturday 6th April. There is a cut off point for next day deliveries and I was told there was 3 hours left until the cut off time when I placed my order.

Archived