Grand national - anyone win??

no, i am not a fan of blood sports, and i dont like cruelty to animals...but the National is the National, and if you take away the danger, then it will not be the national...just my opinion :mad:

I'm glad that you do not condone cruelty to animals. However, in it's previous guise the National was pretty much guaranteed to have at least one fatality (and if that is/was the 'draw' to make people watch it, then really it's pretty sick).

The current course may be not as dangerous as previously, it still does not take away from the fact that it is an incredibly gruelling race that the majority don't finish.

We had £2 on each, Cappa bleu and tea for three on bet 365 but it says we haven't won anything ? Is that right 1st time I've ever put a bet on and not too sure how it all works tbh

If your bet was to win to you have nothing to come,as neither horse won.

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 20:33 ----------

I'm glad that you do not condone cruelty to animals. However, in it's previous guise the National was pretty much guaranteed to have at least one fatality (and if that is/was the 'draw' to make people watch it, then really it's pretty sick).

The current course may be not as dangerous as previously, it still does not take away from the fact that it is an incredibly gruelling race that the majority don't finish.

Why not check Cheltenham fatalities? At least Aintree are doing something to adress the problem.

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

dunno - I used to go to white city in manchester when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago

I would like to go and see the dogs.

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 20:34 ----------

no, i am not a fan of blood sports, and i dont like cruelty to animals...but the National is the National, and if you take away the danger, then it will not be the national...just my opinion :mad:

The horses dont run for enjoyment. The men make them run and it should be stopped. Horses are pets.

I thought it was Belle Vue?

no no no - belle vue was something else - a huge zoo, a dirt track and 1 of the biggest theatres in the country with a tremendous circus, it was child heaven to this little lad from salford - sadly now an estate of dull barratt homes.

white city was a huge concrete modernist dog track down the rd from old trafford, built in the 30s when dog racing was a major spectator sport. it was superb - probably charmless yuppy flats on the site now.

UPDATE - just googled

the dirt track at belle vue had been a dog track - thanks for the info

Archived