Grand national - anyone win??

Very cryptic post andy.

I think it means 'I put £50 each way and am £120 up' in some gambling lingo

bit like a cockney saying 'planted half a pony on the beak, and a tortoise on its tail - biff baff boff' instead of 'I had 50p each way on a horse that came last'.

I had £4 E/W on the same nag (at 10-1)and will redeem the princely sum of £14 sterling.

unfortunately, my other bets lost so its £2 - odd to william hill.

Half one each way on tea for three so hundred twenty up at 14 to one for the place.

Don't forget your £50 place money is returned, so collect £175=£125 profit, I think, £2 each way for me,like a flutter on this race but not a gambler a watcher.

---------- Post added 07-04-2013 at 08:07 ----------

For all those who come on here once a year talking a load of tripe about grand national fatalities and fences too hard may like to read this link.Each year I say Cheltenham is worse but no one mentions that.Cheltenham is an uphill finish

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

66-1 Auroras Encore has won the Grand National.

http://www.aintree-grand-national.net/grand-national-results.php

I backed the winner :)

(My New Years resolution was to quit gambling - I only bet once a year on the grand national, I failed my resolution and had a little flutter).

I'm going to treat myself to a shed on t'allotment!

I'll never be homeless again! :D

Woop Woop :mrgreen:

If your shed has more than one bedroom you will have to move , don,t forget to cut the hedge or you will get chucked out.

no no no - belle vue was something else - a huge zoo, a dirt track and 1 of the biggest theatres in the country with a tremendous circus, it was child heaven to this little lad from salford - sadly now an estate of dull barratt homes.

white city was a huge concrete modernist dog track down the rd from old trafford, built in the 30s when dog racing was a major spectator sport. it was superb - probably charmless yuppy flats on the site now.

UPDATE - just googled

the dirt track at belle vue had been a dog track - thanks for the info

I thought white city was in london.

---------- Post added 07-04-2013 at 11:13 ----------

I thought white city was in london.

More google, White City London was built for the 1908 Olympic games, and later became a popular dog track.

I would like to go and see the dogs.

---------- Post added 06-04-2013 at 20:34 ----------

The horses dont run for enjoyment. The men make them run and it should be stopped. Horses are pets.

This doesn't make sense. You say horse racing should be stopped because according to you horses are pets. Then you say you'd like to go and see the dog racing !!!!!!!! :huh:

Archived