Post Office put prices up by 150% on parcels

Took a parcel to post office today (a meercat sold on fleabay) and it usually costs £2.20 for this general size. The price has now gone up to £5.20 since Tuesday!!

The royal mail have changed the sizes of packets and parcels again. I dont know whether the post office realise what they have done, but there are a zillion people who sell on ebay regulary, and im sure that a lot of people will now choose an alternative way to post.

Royal Mail, its no wonder youre going down the pan.

I have just been going over the parcel sizes

small parcel 45 x 35 x 8cm 2kg ream of A3 paper size (or 16x 16 x 16)

medium parcel 61 x 46 x 46cm 20kg.

There is a massive difference and worth changing the packing to suit.

I have just been going over the parcel sizes

small parcel 45 x 35 x 8cm 2kg ream of A3 paper size (or 16x 16 x 16)

medium parcel 61 x 46 x 46cm 20kg.

There is a massive difference and worth changing the packing to suit.

Its not that easy for some parcels. Ive sold at least 10 of those annoying meercat toys, and each time over the last year, they have been £2.20 to post second class. Todays meercat cost me £5.20, and thats not just a price hike, that is daylight robbery. Even the ladies in the post office were saying how ridiculous the new system is. They have a new letterbox system, and its about the thickness of a mobile phone box. Anything bigger, and its the new price. This must have an impact on what people might want to send, and although you are right about thoughtful packaging, there are many items that are sized well above this new size.

It's Royal Mail that have put the prices up , not the post office . We just have to do as we are told unfortunately . I work in the post office but I'm employed by the co op , and don't agree one little bit with the price hike, but I have to earn a living like everyone else . So please don't rant at all of us .

I've been using collect+ for months now because of royal mails prices and sizes. I only use them now for international mail, will know during the week if those prices have increased to. I've tried Hermes but find it takes longer for them to deliver.

Yep , I bought 2 items 2 identical ones. One turned up last Saturday postage cost £4.75, the other turned up today £8.00. These were the prices printed on the large golden stamp.

Identical items in every way , even down to the packets.

Making me not eBay anymore at the price hikes.

Its not that easy for some parcels. Ive sold at least 10 of those annoying meercat toys, and each time over the last year, they have been £2.20 to post second class. Todays meercat cost me £5.20, and thats not just a price hike, that is daylight robbery. Even the ladies in the post office were saying how ridiculous the new system is. They have a new letterbox system, and its about the thickness of a mobile phone box. Anything bigger, and its the new price. This must have an impact on what people might want to send, and although you are right about thoughtful packaging, there are many items that are sized well above this new size.

Will these mean I have to pay more if I am to boost my meercat menagerie?Do you know of a local source for a personal collector?

thats not just a price hike, that is daylight robbery.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the Monopolies and Mergers Commission should take a look, especially if it tends to be the case with other parcel companies.

At the end of the day, parcel charges should really be by WEIGHT, as that is what costs fuel and handling.

Myself and my colleagues in our new drag troupe recently ordered some wigs from a supplier in the USA; each came in a box about 40x40x40cm and the total weight of the three plus the polystyrene heads they came on must have been easily less than 1kg, but we had to pay well over $100US for the shipping.

I wonder if, as air transport is only getting more costly for freight as well as passengers, if there would be a niche for fast SEACAT-style Express cargo-ships on Transatlantic routes; maybe they can carry a few passengers too at premium fare in private cabins? Express parcels by such a sea service might take 2-3 days longer (plus the road-trip at each end), but the cost would be a LOT CHEAPER, and it woull be far quicker than a traditional slow sea service; maybe also such a service between here and Asia too, although it would probably take around 2 weeks lol...:huh:

Will these mean I have to pay more if I am to boost my meercat menagerie?Do you know of a local source for a personal collector?

I regret to say I have none left. Sergei was posted this morning to another collector, just like yourself, to an address somewhere in outer Milton Keynes. If I do learn of another stash of these hairy little grubers, I shall inform thee without haste. Cant say fairer than that, (unless you have a lisp).:suspect:

The post office have lost the plot, I sell on ebay and use 'Interparcel', they collect from your door (no treks to the post office) pay by paypal (no cash to outlay) and deliver, tracked the next day for about half the cost. It works better for larger parcels but saves a fortune and legwork. Just google Interparcel.

Archived