Post Office put prices up by 150% on parcels

Can you only get them by purchasing insurance etc. through Compare etc.?I understand that car boot sales have loads, some not authentic.Is it true they will talk to each other in some European lingo,if the right batteries are fitted?

It's Royal Mail that have put the prices up , not the post office . We just have to do as we are told unfortunately . I work in the post office but I'm employed by the co op , and don't agree one little bit with the price hike, but I have to earn a living like everyone else . So please don't rant at all of us .

The ladies in our local post office are lovely, and I for one would hate the demise of the post office to endanger anybodies job, but at the end of the day the post office seems to be alienating the very people who use it. The clue is in the title. Post Office. Yes, the P/O does many other things, but in this day and age of the internet taking over from retailing in shops, there will be more posting of goods than ever, and the powers that operate the Royal Mail know this, and are cashing in on it at the expense of the general public. Im really sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but no-one is going to pay these totally outrageous prices at the P/O anymore, when other companies are half the price or even lower.

This is a joke! I sold some stuff on E bay yesterday and when I went to the post office I was lost for words how much it costs to send them! The woman got out her tape measure and actually measured the parcels! The moral of this rip off is pack stuff you sell as small as possible, either that or double the amount of postage costs on E bay. After doing my sums I found out I've not made much profit!!! :huh::rant:

Like I say I totally agree , the price increase is outrageous , what can I do but only sympathise with the general public , but it's not the Post Office that have increased the prices . I understand that I will have to put up with everyone's grievances, but what do I do , walk out in protest and lose my job !!

This is a joke! I sold some stuff on E bay yesterday and when I went to the post office I was lost for words how much it costs to send them! The woman got out her tape measure and actually measured the parcels! The moral of this rip off is pack stuff you sell as small as possible, either that or double the amount of postage costs on E bay. After doing my sums I found out I've not made much profit!!! :huh::rant:

All prices went up on the 2nd of April .Ebay also announced on the 4th of march the Royal Mail prices was going up and all Sellers were told well in advance .............x

this may help

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Wow thanks for the info was just about to list 6 items on E/Bay:o

The lady in the post office was telling us that Ebay havent adjusted their maximum postage charges on certain items yet, so sellers should check before they list. This could turn out very costly if you had several items that were similar in size. You must check very carefully before stating a postage cost, as I must admit id not seen the notice on fleabay.

All prices went up on the 2nd of April .Ebay also announced the Royal Mail prices well in advance .............x

I didn't notice they had until after I put them on Ebay, by then it was too late and they wasn't that heavy I just packed them in boxes which was a big mistake:loopy:

I didn't notice they had until after I put them on Ebay, by then it was too late and they wasn't that heavy I just packed them in boxes which was a big mistake:loopy:

I was really gobsmacked at the hike in the prices myself as I sell a lot on fee bay

but its real easy to work it out

small parcels that was 3.15 n0w 3.70

medium parcels 6.30

best to invest in a royal mail size guide Ive just bought one of fee bay but the local post office gave me a cardboard one while mine comes but you can have that one if ya like

Archived