Post Office put prices up by 150% on parcels

I was quite happy with the service they provided last week infact I was amazed,I sent a brake compensator for a Transit van to my son who lives in Great Bircham in Norfolk.it cost £10 I sent it on friday afternoon from the post office in Sheffield and it was deliverd to his house the next morning at 10am.

Royal mail is crap

They couldn't deliver a parcel the other day so after about 1 hr trying to get

through to them to have it re-delivered they said it will be delivered any time saturday up to 6pm, so the wife stopped in and guess what, a big no show.

thanks royal mail for such a crap service

I got a nasty shock at the post office price increase this week. I run a distance learning business so I post a lot of large parcels. Sadly I shall no longer be supporting my local post office.

Its not the post office that's at fault its Royal Mail

Guest busdriver1

Royal mail are very quickly pricing themselves out of business.

Given the service I have had from them in the past I will not miss them.

I also use despatch bay for UK parcels and because I take the larger parcels to the depot I get a better deal.

They still have a cost of £2.60 for 1.5kg parcel as long as the volume is under 5 litres. So this works out well if you send 4 or more parcelsas yo have to add a bag label at £3.43.

The Retford business have a £10 trial offer if you enter 1GD7G at http://www.despatchbay.com which will send at least two small parcels to anywhere in the UK.

I just ordered something from ebay and it came this morning says on the lable dispatch bay but was delivered by royal mail

I don't send parcels often for my main business but I do send them and we do put our own things we want to get rid of on ebay. I use parcel2go comparison site. You can compare and select the courier/service you want to use once you have eneterd the size and weight of the item. For business I tend to use UPS same day collect and next day delivery as they have never let me down and speed and reliability is important. For ebay items I tend to use the cheapest.

http://www.parcel2go.com/?gclid=CNamz_nRurYCFSzKtAodWF0AqA

I know of people running businesses selling via mail order and they say PArcel Pete is good. Ive never used it myself.

http://www.parcelpete.com/?gclid=CKymtJPSurYCFWLHtAodrSYAmQ

Ebay says: "Letter Stamp Prices are unchanged from their 2012 prices. Therefore if the item that you are listing, or wish to list, will fit into a package measuring less than 2.5cm thick then you are unaffected by the changes."

Solution: hit it with a hammer until it fits in a 2.5cm thick envelope.

Sorted.

K.

That gave me my first laugh of the day :hihi:

Archived