The Cartoon protests megathread

Mod note:

As I've said on another thread, unless this can be discussed with a modicum of civility the thread will be closed and protagonists will be invited on an enforced Forum holiday. Final warning.

Oooh!.... can they go?.... or me for that matter?..... this is about debate and when I am in the wrong, I will admit it. Some people just don't think or act in a civilized way.

Shame some people spoil it for the majority tho.

Oooh!.... can they go?.... or me for that matter?..... this is about debate and when I am in the wrong, I will admit it. Some people just don't think or act in a civilized way.

Shame some people spoil it for the majority tho.

Don't worry, the majority are not facing bans it's the minority who cannot distinguish between debate and trolling for reaction who should be wary.

Don't worry, the majority are not facing bans it's the minority who cannot distinguish between debate and trolling for reaction who should be wary.

I suppose you have the deciding factor in who is the majority.... why not put it to a vote. That is a remark worthy of a radical or extremist by any means.... and not meant to offend.

Will you be banning any of the threads in which muslims are mentioned just in case it upsets someone... why stop there - why not ban everyone and everything and you can sit looking at a blank screen all day?
While everyone is argueing,these people are getting stronger.Is this the start of ARMAGEDDON:huh:

No its about Islam's growing menace to the west and our leaders are unable to do anything to stop them.

It'll all end up in blood being spilt on the streets of the UK's cities.

As much as I hate to say it, and I certainly hope it doesn't come true.

There is a rather apt saying 'What goes around, comes around'.

Perhaps we should be looking at our foreign policies which have resulted in blood being spilt in 'their' streets ?

Or would you much rather prefer to bury your head in the sand and hope to believe that 'we' are all innocent ?

In sofar as some of the comments being made during the protests, they have to be condemned and I'm sure they represent the views of a vociferous minority.

I suppose you have the deciding factor in who is the majority.... why not put it to a vote. That is a remark worthy of a radical or extremist by any means.... and not meant to offend.

Jake,

The reason why we don't put it to a vote is that the Mods and the site owner have responsibility for what is allowed to stay on the site. Users have responsibility for their words, but if posts are made that appear to be just for the purpose of winding up the heat in a debate then we will remove those posts.

We will remove posts that are regraded as trolling, or are in breach of Forum rules or the laws of the land. That's all the debate there is going to be on the Moderation of this thread.

The topic is the protests in London and related issues, not the Moderation of this site.

Thanks,

Joe

While everyone is argueing,these people are getting stronger.Is this the start of ARMAGEDDON:huh:

Hardly - as I've said before on here we've had this sort of demonstration before, and we'll no doubt have it again. Cool heads on all sides are needed -this is not exactly a 'new' issue as the cartoons were, I believe, commissioned and published back in September! There has been poor judgement on all sides - even one of the cartoonists is reported to have said that he found himself in a lose / lose situation.

Archived