The Cartoon protests megathread

heres one concerning the piggy banks

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Piggy-banks-offend-UK-Muslims/2005/10/24/1130006056771.html the others are on google if you want them

The article quoted here, ends with a Muslim MP talking what is actually quite a lot of sense:-

Khalid Mahmoud, the Labour MP for a Birmingham seat and one of four Muslim MPs in Britain, also criticised the piggy-bank ban.

"We live in a multicultural society, and the traditions and symbols of one community should not be obliterated just to accommodate another," Mr Mahmoud said.

"I doubt many Muslims would be seriously offended by piggy banks."

it's not the Muslim customers raising a fuss, it's the PC brigade.

PT

That’s the trouble with biographies, Zafar. They can be tainted immensely towards either side depending on the authors intent towards the person involved.

Lets look at some examples from the Hadith, (Hadith for those who don’t know are the books that run along side the Qur’an, they are records of Muhammeds actions written down at that time, and the six main books are equally authoritative, and as such provide one of the main sources of Islamic law)

I will only quote from these main “Sahih” (sound) Hadith.

Bukhari:Volume 4, Book 52, Number, 270

“Allah’s Messenger said, ‘Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.’ Maslama got up saying, ‘Would you like me to kill him?’ The Prophet proclaimed, ‘Yes.’ Maslama said, ‘Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.’ Muhammad said, ‘You may do so.’”

Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 462:

So, on that day, Allah's Apostle got up on the pulpit and complained about 'Abdullah bin Ubai (bin Salul) before his companions, saying, 'O you Muslims! Who will relieve me from that man who has hurt me with his evil statement about my family? By Allah, I know nothing except good about my family and they have blamed a man about whom I know nothing except good and he used never to enter my home except with me.' Sad bin Mu'adh the brother of Banu 'Abd Al-Ashhal got up and said, 'O Allah's Apostle! I will relieve you from him; if he is from the tribe of Al-Aus, then I will chop his head off, and if he is from our brothers, i.e. Al-Khazraj, then order us, and we will fulfill your order.'

Kay_cee,

Imagine if I'd simply printed

22. And, behold, a Caananite woman from those districts came crying out, saying, "Be merciful to me, my Lord, son of David. My daughter is terribly bewitched."

23. However, he did not pay her attention.* And his disciples came asking him, saying, "She will begin yelling after us."

24. He replied and told them, "I have not sent forth, except for the sheep that have been lost from the house of Israel."

25. However, the woman worshipped him and said, "My Lord, be merciful to me."

26. Jesus told her, "It is not well to degrade the bread of the children and throw it to the dogs."

Without understanding the whole context would you say that the Prophet Jesus was intolerent, discrimanatory, sexist or even racist ?

The article quoted here, ends with a Muslim MP talking what is actually quite a lot of sense:-

PT

exactly........but i think one of the town councilors actualy agreed with the ban if i remember correctly,there are others on google but i dont want to get into it, its a thread about violent marchers and lack of police action and fanatics threatening the west,not some numpty in an office who thinks he has a right to speak for some one else and decides to go all pc and ban a piggy bank

And what about Ashraf Zafar??

Infact what about Sallam Ibn Abu'l-Huqayq (Abu Rafi); Al-Nadr bin al-Harith; Uqba bin Abi Mu`ayt;`Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul al-Aufi; Umaiya bin Khalaf Abi Safwan; Amr b. Jihash Ibn Sunayna Abd Allah Ibn Sa`d Ibn Abi Sarh Abu Afak &`Asma' Bint Marwan??

Hey, and lets not forget probably the most debased killing of an old woman who used to write poems against Muhammed;

Recorded in Tabaris history; VIII:96

“A raiding party led by Zayd set out against Umm in Ramadan. During it, Umm suffered a cruel death. Zyad tied her legs with rope and then tied her between two camels until they split her in two. She was a very old woman. Then they brought Umm’s daughter and Abdallah to the Messenger. Umm’s daughter belonged to Salamah who had captured her. Muhammad asked Salamah for her, and Salamah gave her to him.”

And this is the context, Zafar. It's pretty clear to me, you can't 'interpret' your way out of this one.

Zafar, you know as well as I do that Islamic law permits the killing of those who ‘insult the prophet’

Islamic ruling.

the cartoons are bad enuf but even worser portraying islam as a terroist religion. this was wrong however peaceful protests is the correct way forward, "all this 7/7 attacks will happen again" is completely out of order and against the conduct of true islam. if u wanna find the truth research about islam, read the scriptures but please do not judge islam by its people.

PT

So the pc brigade just sit around and search out problems do they???

"MMM, lets see who we can stop offending today!"

Obvoiusly the problem has to arise before it can be solved.

So the pc brigade just sit around and search out problems do they???

"MMM, lets see who we can stop offending today!"

Obvoiusly the problem has to arise before it can be solved.

You are still logged in then. Any chance of you answering my last questions to you?

And what about Ashraf Zafar??

Infact what about Sallam Ibn Abu'l-Huqayq (Abu Rafi); Al-Nadr bin al-Harith; Uqba bin Abi Mu`ayt;`Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul al-Aufi; Umaiya bin Khalaf Abi Safwan; Amr b. Jihash Ibn Sunayna Abd Allah Ibn Sa`d Ibn Abi Sarh Abu Afak &`Asma' Bint Marwan??

Hey, and lets not forget probably the most debased killing of an old woman who used to write poems against Muhammed;

Recorded in Tabaris history; VIII:96

“A raiding party led by Zayd set out against Umm in Ramadan. During it, Umm suffered a cruel death. Zyad tied her legs with rope and then tied her between two camels until they split her in two. She was a very old woman. Then they brought Umm’s daughter and Abdallah to the Messenger. Umm’s daughter belonged to Salamah who had captured her. Muhammad asked Salamah for her, and Salamah gave her to him.”

And this is the context, Zafar. It's pretty clear to me, you can't 'interpret' your way out of this one.

Zafar, you know as well as I do that Islamic law permits the killing of those who ‘insult the prophet’

Islamic ruling.

Kay_cee,

Again I'll pick up the example of Sallam Ibn Abu'l-Huqayq (Abu Rafi).

This individual was killed as he had committed treason, by colluding with those who attacked the muslims during the Battle of the Trench.

Its got nothing to do with Insulting the Prophet, he committed treason.

Never mind the fact that this was 1400 years ago, we were killing people up until quite recently for the very same crime.

I've picked on two of your examples and both I'm afraid have turned out as not linked with your original accusation.

'Zafar, Are you implying that Muhammed didn't condone the killing of those who insulted him???????'

I could sit and waste my time to go through every name, but I kind of think if you knew that the two I've responsed to too far were in effect seen as traitors and in effect commited acts of treason. Nothing to do with the Prophet Mohammed wanting people killed who insulted him. I notice you didn't dispute what I said about the earlier person mentioned.

Insofar as the old woman, what was her name ?

Based on the types of quotes you've given so far, which have wholly been out of context, I imagine that when you say this 'old' woman did nothing more than write 'poetry' you probably being conservative with the truth, or even perhaps, neo-conservative with the truth :)

Archived