The Cartoon protests megathread

No its about Islam's growing menace to the west and our leaders are unable to do anything to stop them.

Well, Western leaders tried bombing Afghanistan into the ground, and Iraq back to the stone ages (twice).

I was watching the news earlier and up popped the protests and I was acctually digusted.

They were burning european flags - if they hate europe that much because of these cartoons or whatever then WHY live here???

The bold text expresses how I feel too. It is doing relations between ethnic groups no favours at all.

I agree with your comments, and I sympathise with you both. I'd feel the same way if some 'foreigners' came over to my parents' country, and started behaving in such a threatening manner.

I'm not going to worry too much about the protesters (but then I never visit London!). I expect they'll be under heavy surveillance from the authorities for quite sometime now.

Mind you, I have a theory that the extremists and the media feed off each other. The extremists get publicity, the media sell more newspapers.

Well, Western leaders tried bombing Afghanistan into the ground, and Iraq back to the stone ages (twice).

Well seeing as Afganistan was already in the Stone Ages (Don't get me started on the Taliban regime....), into the ground was the only place to go you might say...

Anyway are you :loopy:? I'd say you'd have to be to bring an example of the horrors of fundamentalist Islam into the thread! Surely defeats your point?

Anyway are you :loopy:?

I don't know. A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. f f f f f

I'd say you'd have to be to bring an example of the horrors of fundamentalist Islam into the thread! Surely defeats your point?

Er, what point was that? How does mentioning that West bombed Afghanistan and Iraq fit into it?

Er, what point was that? How does mentioning that West bombed Afghanistan and Iraq fit into it?

Who did we get rid of from Afghanistan? The Taliban.

What were they? Fundamentalist Islamic terrorists/regime.

What did they get up to then? Ohhh just the total and absolute suppression of all forms of free speech and even music.

Get the link now?

Who did we get rid of from Afghanistan? The Taliban.

What were they? Fundamentalist Islamic terrorists/regime.

What did they get up to then? Ohhh just the total and absolute suppression of all forms of free speech and even music.

Get the link now?

OK, making sense :thumbsup:

I am still living in a 1980s timewarp, where the Taliban are being provided weapons and supplies by the CIA, and are helping Rambo kick the commies out of Afghanistan.

Is Gorbachev still in power? I'm hoping the Berlin Wall comes down soon.

Abdul, Can you give us your opinions on the pro's and con's of the Taliban regime please? We only ever hear the horrors. Certainly, the Opium trade was castrated during their reign.

I think they also made the trains run on time as well....

Abdul, Can you give us your opinions on the pro's and con's of the Taliban regime please?

Well, I was going to say they provided the glamorous locations for Rambo III but it appears that movie was filmed mostly in Hollywood.

And don't forget Buzkashi, the sport where you ride around on horseback, carrying a headless calf (it says here).

We only ever hear the horrors. Certainly, the Opium trade was castrated during their reign.

:hihi:

I'm not going to hand over my title of Forum Cynic over to you without a struggle :nono:

Archived