Parking Mad - NotoMob are Heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1AgIGt_VdQ

Parking Mad is a brilliant documentary proving how councils see motorists as 'customers' and the despicable low tactics these Nazi's use to milk money from motorists.

NotoMob are heroes who highlight these issues and stand up for the people, this organised dedicated campaign group make me feel proud to be British.

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php/page,about.html?PHPSESSID=691691751a34d9385a5ec17e633d6d74

I have been issued and contested 3 PCN's with SCC, 2 PCN's Islington Council and 1 PCN from Haringey Council and every single PCN was turned down by the council but overturned at tribunal. I strongly urge everyone else to contest PCN's and do not let your council lie and bully you.

Is that all you care about who gets ticketed?

Yet I wonder if that poor old couple in Bolton are now going to loose their home......:(

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 00:33 ----------

Councils accused of treating drivers like cash cows after parking fee profits soar by 15% in a year!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259339/Councils-accused-treating-drivers-like-cash-cows-parking-fee-profits-soar-15-year.html

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 00:34 ----------

Councils accused of treating drivers like cash cows after parking fee profits soar by 15% in a year!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-15-year.html

There's two sides to this though. While there should be more discretion to over-running by a few minutes, I don't agree with

masked motorcycle gang which roam London’s suburbs alerting drivers to CCTV camera cars, which catch people driving in bus lanes or breaching no left or right-turn restrictions.

just because people can't be bothered to read signs. It isn't hard to do.

Parking is seen as a cash cow by councils. The charging is not to prevent people from parking its to cash in on people parking on the very roads we have already paid for through our council tax.

Councils can easily provide parking that is free but for limited amounts of time, to prevent people taking up spaces all day.

Parking is seen as a cash cow by councils. The charging is not to prevent people from parking its to cash in on people parking on the very roads we have already paid for through our council tax.

Councils can easily provide parking that is free but for limited amounts of time, to prevent people taking up spaces all day.

Yes, we have paid for roads, to drive along, to get from A to B. They are not car parks. However, when it is not causing too much of a hold up to moving traffic, and it is not dangerous, we are allowed to park our cars on them. Where there is not much demand or pressure on the roads we are often allowed to park for free. However, in situations where lots of people want to use the roads for parking, instead of driving, action has to be taken to enable the roads to still be available for their primary purpose – movement of traffic (including public and emergency services, as well as business and leisure). This action may take the form of restrictions on everyone (no parking), restrictions on some (eg resident parking schemes), or a means of allowing anyone to park, but providing a mechanism to prevent too many people trying to park at the same time (parking meters, pay and display etc).

Yes, we have paid for roads, to drive along, to get from A to B. They are not car parks. However, when it is not causing too much of a hold up to moving traffic, and it is not dangerous, we are allowed to park our cars on them. Where there is not much demand or pressure on the roads we are often allowed to park for free. However, in situations where lots of people want to use the roads for parking, instead of driving, action has to be taken to enable the roads to still be available for their primary purpose – movement of traffic (including public and emergency services, as well as business and leisure). This action may take the form of restrictions on everyone (no parking), restrictions on some (eg resident parking schemes), or a means of allowing anyone to park, but providing a mechanism to prevent too many people trying to park at the same time (parking meters, pay and display etc).

unless it is dangerous to park on the road the official viewpoint is that it is safe to park your car.

You kinda did:

I absolutely did not at all, and don't see how you could interpret it that way.

I initially mentioned that roads are created to allow vehicle movement. That is their purpose. Any other use, such as parking, is a beneficial feature of some roads, when they are not being used for the movement of vehicles. They are not built as car parks, they are built as roads. If they were intended to be car parks, there would be no need for them to go from one place to another.

Where it is dangerous, there should not be any parking – I hope we can agree on that.

When it is not dangerous, then other situations may still come into play. Many, many roads (I would estimate the majority, but I’ve not tried to check, so I don’t know) allow unhindered parking, because traffic is not heavy and is not unduly restricted by the parked cars. However, when parking reaches a level that it unduly impacts on the movement of vehicles, then restrictions are usually put in place.

So, at quiet times, a road such as, say, the Northbound section of Penistone Rd between the Wednesday ground and Leppings Lane allows parking, because the traffic can pass without too much trouble. However, at busy times parking is not allowed because the impact on the (higher volume) of traffic is deemed to be too much, ie causing too much delay to too many people. Of course, at no time would it be acceptable to park, say, 3 abreast across the carriageway, as this would impact too much on the primary purpose of the road, which is of course to carry traffic.

Even when danger is not the concern there are many other reasons why parking restrictions are needed.

Archived