Happy Cook- London Road :)

Evei

Just thought I would mention this place on London road as it is something a bit different. Just dropped in last night and enjoyed it. We were planning to go to the Turkish place opposite but they were booked up, so kind of stumbled into it!

Basically it is a buffet style grill / hotpot, you go up and pick your ingredients and then cook your own veg and meat at the table. Loads of fresh veggies to choose from. There was also lots of different meats, fish, and tofu. The lamb as lovely as was the rabbit and there was some sort of meat (a beef cut I think) that looked very fatty but was lovely cooked in the broth we had red curry (which tasted thai) and another chilli based one . For the more adventurous there was also things like chicken gizzards and lamb heart. I enjoyed it as I could try lots of different things, everything is bite sized so easy to try new things. Which is good, I like to try new things but get put off ordering whole dishes!

There as about 20+ different sauces too. Everything looked nice and clean and the place was pretty full. Would go again with a small group of mates as it is quite informal but good fun. It is under the guise as a Korean BBQ, I have no clue about Korean food but have a feeling it is more a chinese/ thai take on the Korean BBQ style, though they had little video clips showing you what to do if you are clueless like we were!

• 1 month later...

The service is excellent and the choice of food is outstanding, eat as much as you want from fresh Mussels, Squid, Fish, Chicken Breast, Beef, Lamb, Rabbit & Tofu for only 15.99

There's a huge selection of vegetables and rice/noodles to choice from, as well as a heap of different sauces.

And all the lunch special meals are under £5.00.

Bottomless drinks and free ice cream!!

Archived