Scroungers and Workfare: The cat is out of the bag

Would 750 hours with no government payroll costs benefit the country.

I think the governments main benefit from this is figures and stats,being able to say there are so many people employed now,when in reality they are working for nothing.

Reminds me of the police cuts,and the increase in PCSO's to balance out personnel,yet save on budget.

The most powerful weapon to any political party is figures.

The most powerful weapon to any political party is the misuse of figures.

A slight correction to what you said.

The misuse of statistics in this country has grown to epic proportions over the last few years. Nobody should accept any statistic used issued by a government, political party, newspaper or think-tank at face value, particularly when those figures are being used to justify a certain policy. They use those figures to get headlines that suit their agenda because they know that most people won't bother to check to see whether it is real and even if they are debunked most people won't hear that they've been debunked.

A slight correction to what you said.

The misuse of statistics in this country has grown to epic proportions over the last few years. Nobody should accept any statistic used issued by a government, political party, newspaper or think-tank at face value, particularly when those figures are being used to justify a certain policy. They use those figures to get headlines that suit their agenda because they know that most people won't bother to check to see whether it is real and even if they are debunked most people won't hear that they've been debunked.

True,but I think my first two lines covered that:D

The least companies should do when using people on Workfare is to pay a top-up to the government-funded JSA, such that the workers/scroungers get the NMW. Then the workers/scroungers would get the idea that 'work pays', and the taxpayer is not 100% funding workers for profitable companies/scroungers.

It wouldn't be worth it to the company.

Some people seem to have the idea that workfare people are equal to experienced employees. They are not. You cannot run a business with untrained people who are only there for a few weeks.

Some people seem to have the idea that workfare people are equal to experienced employees. They are not. You cannot run a business with untrained people who are only there for a few weeks.

Few weeks???, errr yours maths like the goverments??, 750 hours per person devided by 40 hours per week is about 18 1/2 weeks, hardly a "few" weeks!!!

You will be confusing them now; they simply can't get their heads round it and think private companies can just employ endless amounts of non productive staff like the public sector does.

You will be confusing them now; they simply can't get their heads round it and think private companies can just employ endless amounts of non productive staff like the public sector does.

You seem unproductive but I am sure you work in the pirate sector.

Not sure if I'm getting your drift here .. at the moment under Workfare the government's payroll costs are 100% (i.e. JSA), and the the 'employers' is 0%. If the 'employers' need the work to be done, then ideally they should pay 100% of the payroll costs. This would benefit the country, as he taxpayer would not be paying people to work for profitable companies; rather the companies involved would have to pay out to bone fide workers as well as shareholders.

In which case the country would benefit by making the employers pay instead of the government.

Not rocket science is it.

Also denying jobs for the boys would benefit the country,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11792666

Archived