Car jacks !! Pointless

I remember some-one suggesting to me that the jack should only be used to change a flat tyre and to slacken off the wheel nuts before lifting the wheel off the ground, makes sense as if you're trying to free up a stubborn wheel nut you might cause the car to fall off the jack

Try this, If you have a rear wheel go flat on a Picasso you have to jack the back of the car up to get the spare out, where's the jack stowed? in a little plastic box inside the spare wheel. It's like keeping the spare safe keys in the safe. Only the French!!!!

It might seem like a bit of overkill, but I always carry a trolley jack, and use that. I've never trusted the OEM supplied jacks.

Same here - came into its own a few years ago when I got a puncture on holiday in France when the car was loaded with camping gear.

• 1 month later...
I always carry an electric pump,they're only about a fiver.I also carry one of those aerosol that are supposed to pump the tyre and seal the puncture.

My car doesn't even have a jack or a spare wheel any more, just an aerosol puncture repair kit and instructions on how to use it.

I'm not looking forward to the first puncture I have in it one bit.

Archived