RIP Maggie Thatcher..

her best achievement was becoming leader of the Tory party in the first place from such a periphereal position in the shadow cabinet. She really does deserve kudos for that. Saw her chance, even though she knew it was a slim chance, she still took it. And she got it.

I am going to keep an eye on this thread and use it to extend my ignore list. There are some disgusting people on here-grow up!

Sounds like a stunningly good idea. You can disagree with her policies without gloating about her death - for those that feel the need to gloat I'd remind them of the grace and dignity that surrounded john Smith's death. Then I'll stick them on the ignore list.

her best achievement was becoming leader of the Tory party in the first place from such a periphereal position in the shadow cabinet. She really does deserve kudos for that. Saw her chance, even though she knew it was a slim chance, she still took it. And she got it.

and she didnt even have a penis. I know that sounds like a joke but I am writing it seriously (just to be clear).

Sounds like a stunningly good idea. You can disagree with her policies without gloating about her death - for those that feel the need to gloat I'd remind them of the grace and dignity that surrounded john Smith's death. Then I'll stick them on the ignore list.

John Smith was indeed a gentleman who had the respect of most.

I didn't like her, that's well known; but not the time for name calling; someone has died and someone's lost a mum, I know that feeling as will others. Even I can't disrespect her at this moment, she's at rest now.

Agreed, she wasnt my most favourite of politicians, I was just a teen lad when she took over as PM, but yes, she has passed away, please have some respect for her family.

How would you like it if people started slagging off your mum after she had passed just because they didn't like her or how she did things? :(

Indeed. We can have as many threads as we want later to discuss her legacy etc.. But this thread is for being non-partisan and paying respect.

Archived