RIP Maggie Thatcher..

Perhaps now she will be remembered for her many good qualities,instead of some of those policies some of us disagreed with.

On the radio many people are paying tribute to her. ordinary people from Grantham who had met her and had much respect for her- expressing remarks about the kind and sensitive side to her nature. Tony Benn who although was one of her greatest rivals politically, has expressed his respect and admiration for her convictions.

My own view is that because she was a woman presiding in an area dominated by men, she had to act tough in order to compete and gain respect,and this image she presented didn't always give the best impression of her.

RIP Margaret Thatcher.

I see no reason why Tony Benn wouldn't show respect. He is a civilized human being. You don't have to agree with someone's politics to show dignity.

I trust that when Tony Benn passes away he will receive respect from his opponents. It is only low life forms that need to gloat because someone of a different political persuasion has died.

RIP Maggie. You were before my time but you did it your way.

RIP Margaret Thatcher - England's greatest EVER Prime Minister (and that includes Winston Churchill who was only ever good as a wartime leader).

The fact that she stirs up such varied emotion in people shows her true greatness. Like or dislike her, she was a woman doing a tough job, and she didn't turn. Respect!

Quote from Boris Johnson "Her memory will live long after the world has forgotten the boring grey suits of today's politics".

Perhaps now she will be remembered for her many good qualities,instead of some of those policies some of us disagreed with.

Today is not really the day for that. After the funeral no doubt there will be plenty of robust debate about her legacy. Laters.

Archived