Lindsay Sandiford to be executed

I was obviously under the misapprehension that a justice system was about reducing overall harm for society, but reading some of these posts it seems I was wrong, it's actually about creating harm, and relishing in it, ... only for the people we don't like.

Be careful what you wish for.

Who said anything about bringing her back?

Assuming she is'nt shot, then at some point after her sentence has been served whatever that may be she will be deported back to the UK.

There is no benifit culture in Bali, so yes they will send her back .Where else do you think she will go to ,your house perhaps.

In 15 years she'll be in her 70s. I doubt she'll be alive. Why would I invite a convicted drug dealer into my house?

It seems that opinion is divided between some sympathy for the plight she finds herself in, a feeling that importing drugs is harmless, to her being the architect of her downfall and it serves her right.

My question was, could we ever contemplate the introduction of capital punishment for such a crime?

Alternatively should we legalise drug use?

I haven't seen any sympathy posts, or posts that say cocaine is harmless. It was incorrectly added in page 1 by someone.

-

As for your questions, no and yes.

once the Uk consular service starts to get on at them, she'll be out in a few years, msybe 4 6 or 8. It might even cbe 2. They'll want to have her moved to one of the better prisons, However, seeing as she is in her 50s, there is very little chance, she will get pregnant in prison, like the last UK citizen female individual who was sentenced to death in south east Asia, in Laos got pregnant. She was only about 20. I don't think it is understood on here, that just because a death penalty is delivered, doesn't mean that it will be carried out. Executions in Indonesia are rare.

Perhaps you'd like to explain it then?

By way of comparison my understanding of your post was that it was a sarcastic attempt to imply that my desire to see some humanity brought to bear in how her case is considered somehow equates to 'forgetting' the seriousness of her crime.

You could equate "forgetting" to leniency, which most are touting as the likely outcome, so in that case yeah.

My problem with you is you're never at the forefront of opinion, you seem to hang back and just probe others opinions without offering one yourself, it's a little tedious.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 01:03 ----------

Yes we should legalise possession and use of drugs and no she shouldn't be executed.

To do so would be a gross miscarriage of justice.

Huh ? :huh:

The penalty for drug trafficking in Bali is death, she knew that, so if she's put to the sword how is that a miscarriage of justice ?

Yes we should legalise possession and use of drugs and no she shouldn't be executed.

To do so would be a gross miscarriage of justice.

Whose justice? The Dutch don't own indo anymore. White people need to focus on law in our own nations and get over the loss of colonies.

The penalty for drug trafficking in Bali is death, she knew that, so if she's put to the sword how is that a miscarriage of justice ?

Because regardless of the law, to kill someone for bringing drugs from a to be b is simply grossly and obviously unjust. It's simply murder.

Archived