Lindsay Sandiford to be executed

yes. Every time, about 30 minutes before you land on a plane, in somewhere like Singapore, this message comes up on the tannoy. It goes like this :

THE DEATH PENALTY WILL BE IMPOSED, ON DRUGS SMUGGLERS.

it's no ifs, or buts. If you do it, they are going to want to kill you.

Bit late by then aint it?! :)

-

I doubt the people at the top do their own dirty work. It's not hard to find desperate people to do things they don't particularly want to do is it? You only have to look down where ever the red-light district is these days.

What if someone plants something in your case? A flight operative or something, and you can't afford decent legal services... shoot them all regardless. What if people hold your family unless you do it?

Bit late by then aint it?! :)

-

I doubt the people at the top do their own dirty work. It's not hard to find desperate people to do things they don't particularly want to do is it? You only have to look down where ever the red-light district is these days.

What if someone plants something in your case? A flight operative or something, and you can't afford decent legal services... shoot them all regardless. What if people hold your family unless you do it?

But the Balinese and Indonesian governments have a fair, just and corruption free justice system that the rest of the free world should model itself on.

On the other hand I personally wouldn't risk stepping foot on their soil.

But the Balinese and Indonesian governments have a fair, just and corruption free justice system that the rest of the free world should model itself on.

:hihi::hihi::thumbsup:

On the other hand I personally wouldn't risk stepping foot on their soil.

yes. Every time, about 30 minutes before you land on a plane, in somewhere like Singapore, this message comes up on the tannoy. It goes like this :

THE DEATH PENALTY WILL BE IMPOSED, ON DRUGS SMUGGLERS.

it's no ifs, or buts. If you do it, they are going to want to kill you.

So if somebody disagrees with the very idea of capital punishment they should change their mind when they see that warning sign?

Of course not, so D FROM S's statement remains valid:

"Execution for smuggling? Wow."

'Right'? Well, neither of us is au fait with the legal system where she stands convicted (Bali, Indonesia).

If the Court holds that death is the right sentence, it is.

I'm talking about a sense of whether you think it is morally right - regardless of the legal framework.

I'm talking about a sense of whether you think it is morally right - regardless of the legal framework.

True answer: I'm not sure that 'moral' is a basis for determining the appropriate penalty.

Do I like the idea of a death penalty? No, not much.

Do I like the idea of drug smuggling? No, even less.

Archived