Lindsay Sandiford to be executed

True answer: I'm not sure that 'moral' is a basis for determining the appropriate penalty.

Do I like the idea of a death penalty? No, not much.

Do I like the idea of drug smuggling? No, even less.

Also

Her death penalty = 1 life loss

Her drug smuggling = potentially hundreds of lives lost/destroyed

True answer: I'm not sure that 'moral' is a basis for determining the appropriate penalty.

Do I like the idea of a death penalty? No, not much.

Do I like the idea of drug smuggling? No, even less.

So do you think it's morally justifiable to kill someone who has smuggled drugs?

So do you think it's morally justifiable to kill someone who has smuggled drugs?

In my opinion yes it is .

Obviously as we all know you don't accept anyone else's opinion so why you ask these questions I don't know .

The left defending the left is so sweet to see :loopy:

I made a valid point which you ignored with an inane an obviously unrelated reply.

He asked a question which you answered then you go on to criticize for asking questions..maybe you're just a little slow? or just luuurve listening to yourself.

I didn't say that, you know.

Didn't say what? I was asking you a question - do you think it's morally justifiable to kill someone who has smuggled drugs?

But, by the same token, do you think it morally justifiable to smuggle drugs?

That's a question for another thread. In the case of cocaine across international borders, probably not. In other cases, perhaps yes.

Didn't say what? I was asking you a question - do you think it's morally justifiable to kill someone who has smuggled drugs?

That's a question for another thread. In the case of cocaine across international borders, probably not. In other cases, perhaps yes.

How can it be ever justifiable to break the law especially drug smuggling of any description

How can it be ever justifiable to break the law especially drug smuggling of any description

If I were, hypothetically, to travel to another city in the north of England and bring a small amount of cannabis back here for my own use, I'd have no moral issues with that whatsoever since the law forbidding me to possess such a substance is clearly unjust.

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 13:59 ----------

Or to give another example, if it was illegal to give food or money to a certain group of people - a persecuted minority say - then it would be entirely proper to do it anyway as I'm sure you'd agree.

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 14:01 ----------

Stealing food for the starving.

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 14:01 ----------

Rosa Parks.

Archived