Lindsay Sandiford to be executed

Changing times eh? We went to war with China because they were against the Opium trade but Britain saw it as a great money making enterprise. We facilitated the slave trade in part so tobacco could be traded across the world.

Maybe countries should try and tackle the problems that lead people to want/need drugs in the first place. If there was no market there would be no trade.

As to her in particular. I can't help feeling she's dumber than a dumb thing that's fallen out of the dumb tree. All her other co-defendants seem to have been given minor sentences yet the dumb mule gets the big exit. Claiming you've been pressurised and your family threatened doesn't really hold water, but in the end she appears to have been singled out for being the thick one of the gang.

I'm against the death penalty on principle so I hope her sentence is commuted.

So we let her just walk through customs with 4.5 kilo as if they stopped her people could get it elsewhere ? Really ? I mean, are you for real :loopy:

There is somewhere in between these two. No has suggested letting people just walk through customs with 4.5 kilos of coke. The point is shooting someone for doing it, when it has gone through the courts.

There is somewhere in between these two. No has suggested letting people just walk through customs with 4.5 kilos of coke. The point is shooting someone for doing it, when it has gone through the courts.

Do you think life in an Indonesian jail is preferable to being shot?

So what of folk who smuggle guns or build bombs for the terrorists. They don't kill anyone either. They simply pass on the means so that others can.

I've been to Bali. It's not as though you can enter without seeing the warnings. They even made an announcement on the plane before we landed.

I'm not sure that spending a life in an Indonesian prison is an improvement over being shot.

Guns and bombs are designed and made with the intention to kill people. Coke isn't. I don't think it's a valid comparison.

On a personal note, I tend to agree with your last sentence though.

You post such rubbish on an open forum and it's every members business.If you caught someone dealing to a child of yours would your reaction be "It's only a bit of white powder" ? :roll:

I post my opinion on a public forum and thereby give up my right to a private life??:hihi:

If you caught someone dealing to a child of yours would you shoot them in the head to kill them or have somebody do it on your behalf? I suggest you are mentally unstable if so.

Especially when the judge, prosecutor and the Police are very likely to have fitted you up. "an example of how the UK should be dealing with serious offenders". Having that power can impress the likes of the OP because it fits tidily with..this is how we should be doing it, let's string em up.

It isn't about the death penalty, it's about those who are prescribing it...paid-off corrupt officials by drug cartels...Oooooh the irony.

There is not point debating it as it won't ever happen (executions back in the UK). On the topic of her getting the firing squad, i don't care, she knew what she was doing and knew the possible outcome. It's not nice for her family and im sure it will be heartbreaking but she get's what she deserves. How many lives will 4.5 kilos of cocaine take and how many family will it destroy ?

I'll assume you'd like to see the white-collar criminals who destroy lives face the firing squad too.

Archived