Lindsay Sandiford to be executed

It dosnt matter . That country carries the death penalty for drug smuggling, so anyone attempting to smuggle drugs there knows the consequences should they be caught. And this woman was caught so has to face the consequences.

It carries a MAXIMUM penalty of the of shooting by firing squad. It's rarely used there, and the prosecution recommended 15 years. Generally when someone is co-operative, they avoid the maximum penalty. The case has been discussed enough, and I'm not going to get into all the details, it'll take too long. I stand by my anti-death penalty stance, but even more so for a case like this.

The judges who went over the prosecutors with the decision might be in for a shock if people avoided going there in fear of being set up.

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 23:37 ----------

How many times you been to bali ash ; you havnt got a clue ,my sister lives in kuta , so get real.

'so get real', because your sister lives in Kuta?

:huh:

It this a children's classroom?

...How many lives will 4.5 kilos of cocaine take and how many family will it destroy ?

None. The misery and deaths generally attributed to cocaine use are actually caused by the consequences of the illegality of cocaine (impurities and overdoses due to the total lack of regulation).

Message to the Balli goverment .Please don't send her back,she will end up making a fortune

from the media .Stupid women deserves what she gets.

Who said anything about bringing her back?

None. The misery and deaths generally attributed to cocaine use are actually caused by the consequences of the illegality of cocaine (impurities and overdoses due to the total lack of regulation).

Spot on.

You comment on bali law ,when you havnt even been ,

I need to go to a country before I can comment on their laws?

Have you been, or are we still just using sister? (not that it makes any difference, nor do I really care, I'm just pottering around with general chit-chat as you seem to like it).

you do drugs you get done,

'doing drugs' generally means using them - she wasn't pulled for doing/using drugs. She was done for trafficking. Would you prefer that all the people doing drugs were shot too?!

If you would like all Bali tourists who use any drugs to be shot, then I would suggest that your sister, or any of her friends will likely be out of a job, unless her income is outside of the 80% that tourists bring in to the place.

do you work ash.

Why do you care so much about whether I work? If you tell me the significance to this thread, I might answer it.

Oh dear ash you have just answered your own question , you have never been to bali ,and i think you dont work . bored out of your mind pal , what shall i do withh my dole money

How exactly is a poster's employment status relevant to this discussion?

Archived