Druids to get time of to visit Stonehenge.

Why should one bonkers religion get preference over another bonkers religion?

As long as everyone gets the same rights, be they Christian, Muslim, Druid, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Atheist.

As long as everyone gets the same rights, be they Christian, Muslim, Druid, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Atheist.

I agree, though i have seen comments to the contrary, as it's a "Neo" religion.

Agreed, I just don't see why ANY of them should have special treatment. If someone believes that they have to go to a certain place when they would otherwise be at work, they can book a holiday day(s) well in advance just like others have to.

Bizzarely, but not surprisingly, the Mail is trying claim it as an insult to Christianity :roll:

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 18:20 ----------

I agree, though i have seen comments to the contrary, as it's a "Neo" religion.

Which one are you referring to?

Which one are you referring to?

The whole of Taxmans post.

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 19:15 ----------

The lunatics have finally taken over the asylum

In fairness i know druids where their religion is their whole life, so i guess they're certainly entitled to rights along those of other faiths.

In fairness i know druids where their religion is their whole life, so i guess they're certainly entitled to rights along those of other faiths.

I know what you mean I'm just saying its pathetic that anyone can use religion for a day off work, if they want a day off put in a lieu day or A/L like non religious do.

I seem to remember one of the QI programs talking about henges and Stonehenge that isn't actually a henge. The other thing that was mentioned was that the idea that it was a place of importance or of interest to druids is a fairly new idea.

I seem to remember one of the QI programs talking about henges and Stonehenge that isn't actually a henge. The other thing that was mentioned was that the idea that it was a place of importance or of interest to druids is a fairly new idea.

A typical henge will have the bank outside the ditch, Stonehenge is the opposite so technically it isn't a henge.

Archived