Druids to get time of to visit Stonehenge.

I hope you're not suggesting that the Brits are:

Too thick

Too insular

or

Too stupid

to understand the 'rules'?

What exactly are 'the rules'

What makes them rules?

Who says they are rules?

Could it be, perhaps, that certain sectors of the media - realising [and, as usual capitalising on the fact that] their readers are about as thick as pig poop published a ridiculous story about Druids?

Could it be that they were right in their assessment of their readers?

Why should one bonkers religion get preference over another bonkers religion?

As long as everyone gets the same rights, be they Christian, Muslim, Druid, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Atheist.

Well to be fair, druids have no lineage back to the foundations of their religion. Modern day druids have nothing in common with the pre-monotheist druids who created and worshipped at these sites. They are a creation of modern times.

Modern druids are no more real druids than a person who re-enacts medieval jousting tournaments is a real medieval Knight.

Well to be fair, druids have no lineage back to the foundations of their religion. Modern day druids have nothing in common with the pre-monotheist druids who created and worshipped at these sites. They are a creation of modern times.

Modern druids are no more real druids than a person who re-enacts medieval jousting tournaments is a real medieval Knight.

The same goes for most "pagan" religions.

I know a couple of modern witches, when you look into their history they can only go back a generation or two before they draw a blank. The ones I know get most of their habits/rituals/beliefs from (fairly recently published) books, with no references to the source of their content.

I know a couple of modern witches, when you look into their history they can only go back a generation or two before they draw a blank. The ones I know get most of their habits/rituals/beliefs from (fairly recently published) books, with no references to the source of their content.

the clue is on the word "Pagen", which is not a word to describe a religion but rather the absence of a specific religion. It literally means Polytheist, which means broadly, a person who is not part of one of the Abrahamic religions. Modern day Hindu's would be described as Pagen.

Are you saying you can't believe in a certain thing unless you can trace it down your lineage?

So when you're a "born again Christian" you're not really a Christian because your parents might not have been?

As a witch , I celebrate my festivals ,but unless there is something special like a Solar or Lunar eclipse happening on one of the festivals ,I tend to celebrate either when I get home from work .If there is something special going on then I request a day off work. I don't want special treatment & do work the Christian festivals so those that believe can have the time off , but I do expect to have my beliefs respected if I want a day off . I am lucky though in that I have a fantastic boss who does respect my beliefs.

Are you saying you can't believe in a certain thing unless you can trace it down your lineage?

So when you're a "born again Christian" you're not really a Christian because your parents might not have been?

No, I'm saying ( of the witches I know) they base their beliefs on stuff written in the sixties. They are unable provide any reference source earlier than that.

It's a modern myth, they didn't.

Roots Booster

What on earth are you talking about ? Witches go back a lot longer than the flaming 60s. I think what you are thinking is Wicca which is a relatively new concept of witchcraft. I don't follow that at all even though I read about it ,I was never really interested in it. I follow the Old Ways which go back centuries.

Also a great many Druids originally come from Wales as I have seen lots of them around there.

Archived