Margaret Thatcher Thread - Read the first post before posting

If Attlee or Callaghan as PM had got to thir feet and stated that the UK was in imminent danger, they would have had my total support. I would never vote for them but they would have been my PM and i would have supported, yes, and fought for them.

I wouldn't. Even during if WW3 broke out, I wouldn't go to war.

I would stay at home and do my best to protect my family, or protect my home land. Nothing on earth would make me invade foreign soil for any government.

I wouldn't. Even during if WW3 broke out, I wouldn't go to war.

I would stay at home and do my best to protect my family, or protect my home land. Nothing on earth would make me invade foreign soil for any government.

How would you do that (look after your family or property) from the comfort of your armchair if they (a foreign country) were threatening a nuclear attack?

Could you stand the potential shame of probably/possibly being branded a coward, would you be prepared for your family being vilified for it's father/husband/son refusing to help his friends and fellow countrymen in defending their country?

How would you do that (look after your family or property) from the comfort of your armchair if they (a foreign country) were threatening a nuclear attack?

Could you stand the potential shame of probably/possibly being branded a coward, would you be prepared for your family being vilified for it's father/husband/son refusing to help his friends and fellow countrymen in defending their country?

Bit of a moot point really, as both his home land and the country being invaded would be wiped off the face of the earth.

:roll:

Read the post again!

I wouldn't go overseas and fight. Yes, I could live with the shame, I would rather be a coward than be shipped to somewhere like North Korea.

:roll:

Read the post again!

I wouldn't go overseas and fight. Yes, I could live with the shame, I would rather be a coward than be shipped to somewhere like North Korea.

Three of my uncles died fighting the Germans and Japanese. Had they, and the million like, them sat at home we would now be under a fascist regime.

One of them was one of the first to enter Buchenwald concentration camp where thousands of Jews, Gypsies communists et all were butchered. The other two were in the far east where they fought alongside tribesmen whose families and communities had been devastated by the Japanese.

Knowing this, would you really be prepared to sit on your backside waiting for the paratroopers and the tanks to arrive on your street before defending yourself and those you love? Or would you really, like them, be prepared to pay the sacrifice needed to keep barbarity from these shores.

Under such circumstances I think you may reconsider.

Three of my uncles died fighting the Germans and Japanese. Had they, and the million like, them sat at home we would now be under a fascist regime.

One of them was one of the first to enter Buchenwald concentration camp where thousands of Jews, Gypsies communists et all were butchered. The other two were in the far east where they fought alongside tribesmen whose families and communities had been devastated by the Japanese.

Knowing this, would you really be prepared to sit on your backside waiting for the paratroopers and the tanks to arrive on your street before defending yourself and those you love? Or would you really, like them, be prepared to pay the sacrifice needed to keep barbarity from these shores.

Under such circumstances I think you may reconsider.

Obviously I can't answer for him but he gives the impression he would prefer the "last line of defense"!

• 4 years later...

Is that when the in-bred hicks of South Yorkshire towns burn effigies and continue with their deep hatred, but the rest of the UK carries on as normal?

Except for the Falklands, where they celebrate it on January 10th in a more positive way:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2013/01/10/celebrating-margaret-thatcher-day-in-the-falkland-islands