Is this Hayfever?

It could be I have started sneezing a little today so I think its in the air but a little early for suffering it usually kicks off early May...Hay Fever believe me I'm a proffessional sufferer of it and it always starts with sneezing and runny eyes then it can (not always) turn into a cough but wheezing is also a part of it though I'm also an Asthmatic which comes hand in hand with Hay Fever...If you haven't had the other symptoms then it could be something else...

If it's hay fever/ a reaction to tree pollen, then you have to be exposed to the pollen before you can react to it.

Grass doesn't even start growing until the temperature reaches 6'C.

I thought the temperature in Sheffield was 5 deg C or below?

How many trees/other plants are producing pollen at those temperatures?

What's the prevailing wind direction/strength?

Could it be industrial atmospheric pollution which is causing you problems?

For the last few days I've being plagued with a wheezy cough, especially at night. Kind of phlegmy first thing in the morning too. Could this be hayfever?

A cough at night would not be caused by pollen. I have been known to have a reaction to house dust, Asthma. It could be just a chest infection.

Simple way to test is to try taking antihistamine and see if the cough goes away.

Night time cough fits with allergy or asthma though unlikely without a history.

Do you cough after eating? Might be acid reflux - lying down sometimes increases reflux.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived