Unusual and quirky ideas for wedding centrepieces

No hobbies that represent me/us really, although what people do know about me is that i love shiny things, im a bit of a magpie :-) im a sucker for anything sparkly, glittery etc. My other half is into american football but i dont really fancy anything american football themed and neither does he.

I thought about having retro board games like Mouse Trap, Hungry Hippos and Kerplunk etc as the centrepiece but im just not sure.

Ive bought traditional vases and pebbles and candles and things but they just arent what i want.

I know, im difficult haha

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 11:54 ----------

Oh, and i dont like flowers so theyre out, im relatively girly but i have no desire to spend a fortune on fresh flowers that just die haha

Ours was an Easter wedding, so it was easy to have/get the chocolate Easter bunnies and Thorntons continentals for our centrepieces

You could have bespoke chocolate creations

How about cupcake stands with vintage shot glasses of flavoured vodka?

Sounds good but i asked my venue about bringing alcohol onto the premises and they pretty much told me to forget it becuase wine is a £16 corkage charge and spirits per bottle were £40...would make these centrepieces very expensive indeed haha

Ours was an Easter wedding, so it was easy to have/get the chocolate Easter bunnies and Thorntons continentals for our centrepieces

You could have bespoke chocolate creations

How about cupcake stands with vintage shot glasses of flavoured vodka?

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 09:57 ----------

Probably a bit more than i would like to spend :-) fab idea though. Desk toys sound interesting but apart from those annoying knocking balls i dont know what else you can get (and hearing that through the speaches would drive me mad haha

If you want toys, executive desk toys are usually available in chrome, and would probably look more like centrepieces... unless you can find a chroming company who can bling up your kerplunk :D

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 09:58 ----------

I think your right! It was my initial thought and perhaps its the right one. Ill just have to make sure that i can get 7 different games that people might remember....

I love the idea of retro board games! I saw a couple of these at Hope Car Boot on Sunday and felt a bit nostalgic. Don't forget Screwball Scramble!

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 09:58 ----------

That does sound good, not sure how to make button posys though, any ideas where i might find someone that can so i can check out what they look like?

Hi

How about button shiny button posys or if you really want something unusual how about steampunk?

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 10:02 ----------

I dont think the teapots are quite for me, I have one big birdcage (its a postbox bridcage) which was pretty expensive so not sure i could afford to pay that sort of money for the centrepieces, the cheapest ornamental bird cage ive found is £24.99 and then id have to buy new vases as mine would be too big to fit and candles and twinkly lights, in the end if i go for this it might be best to rent them (also, what would i do with 7-10 birdcages and candles after the wedding - open an aviery haha)

What about different style teapots or those bird cages you could stand the vases inside that you have already bought

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 20:55 ----------

If you Google bird cages with vases they have some great ideas

Archived