Tooth to be taken out. Do you think it hurts?

I've got to have a tooth taken out. The dentist says there is a wisdom tooth above to fill the gap. I've heard the needle really hurts when they numb your gum. Just wondering how other people have felt when having a tooth removed?

I'm frightened to death about it. :o

I've heard some dentists use a numbing gel before putting a needle in?

Anyone shed any light for me please ?

It hurts like mad and the needle they use is the size of a table leg.

Hope this helps.

I think they were born with teeth mate,but they went black because they never cleaned them, can you imagine how bad their breath must have smelt:gag:

I never knew that. I thought we gained teeth when we grew thumbs :huh:

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 21:48 ----------

It hurts like mad and the needle they use is the size of a table leg.

Hope this helps.

It only hurts that bad when Thatchers ghost performs the removal :D

If you are having the tooth taken out, I am guessing it already hurts. Having the tooth taken out won't hurt nearly as much. The needle will sort of smart for a second but that is it. Make sure you keep your eyes shut!!!!

You will feel the anaesthetic start to wear off (it will feel really tingly/pins and needles), take some paracetamol at that point so that it kicks in by the time it completely wears off.

My 12 year old had 4 teeth out for braces. I had to stand in the room with her, I felt worse than she did, lol

I think I'd've opted to wear a belt.:hihi:

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 22:55 ----------

I've got 5 teeth which are going to be taken out/come out on their own over the next 6 months or so. (One next week, another the week after and the remainder? - Who knows?

It's time to think about Bridgework or false teeth I suppose.

I'm not worried about injections ... but that sharp little spikey thing that the dentist holds in his hand (so he can stick you in the gum if you bite him) ... that's another matter!

I've got to have a tooth taken out. The dentist says there is a wisdom tooth above to fill the gap. I've heard the needle really hurts when they numb your gum. Just wondering how other people have felt when having a tooth removed?

I'm frightened to death about it. :o

I've heard some dentists use a numbing gel before putting a needle in?

Anyone shed any light for me please ?

didnt hurt me....... i passed out and missed most of it !!!:hihi: he'd just swapped to his third pair of pliers. :gag: the pain lasted a week or so. but was not as much pain as the bad tooth which had become hollowed out. the gap has completely gone. enjoy! :D:rolleyes:

hard to drink with a numb mouth for a couple of hours afterwards though.

I had one memorable trip to a dentist about 18 years ago. He'd intended to do (and did) a root canal procedure.

At the end of that, he found there was a crack in the tooth and said it would have to come out. Not a huge problem.

But the tooth broke.

And the power went off - and he was told there wouldn't be any power for the rest of the day.

He said to me: "You can't leave here like that. I'm going to have to show you how dentistry was done in the days before electricity."

It involved hammers, chisels, pliers and - at one point - him kneeling on my chest.

It didn't hurt at the time - I'd had enough injections - but it was pretty sore the next day and I had a lot of bruises!

Archived