Tooth to be taken out. Do you think it hurts?

I once broke a tooth on the Saturday night and had to wait until Monday to have it seen too and I went to the Dentist next too Fulwood Church. He gave me an injection and said I'll just check if it's ready and he turned around and dropped something into the tray at the side. To my suprise he said that that was it and I replied I hadn't felt a thing and he said your not supposed too.Sadly he moved from there not long after where too, nobody knows

Take no notice you'll be fine bit of discomfort but then goes numb, when I had it the dentist said you'll just feel a little prick, our lass said what's new

Would have been worse if she'd said she felt a big one! :hihi:

If you are phobic, ask to be referred for sedation, some dentists do this in practise, others refer patients. I've had sedation three times, the first time was for a tooth out and 7 fillings in 2004 and I had no ill effects at all, the second time I think it was for a tooth out and I was knocked squiffy for the rest of the day. The third time I was ill, sick as a dog AND they had to hold me down I'm told as I threatened to lamp the dentist (I do remember thinking she was a patronising bint before treatment began but do not remember any of the treatment whilst under). You are conscious with sedation but you don't remember anything

no pain watsoever

pressure on the tooth pushing but no pain pulling

whole thing from starting is about 20 seconds

Yeah....

The one I had taken out years ago wouldn't come, the dentist had to drill out the bottom centre of the tooth, insert a tool that expanded to break the tooth and pulled it out in broken bits.

That was at a Whitecross surgery about 18 years ago, I think it was like a franchise.

Just before this extraction she also did a small filling and a large filling.

By the time I got out I felt very subdued and very queasy.

Good luck to the OP, most dental experiences aren't like this.

Archived