Why is it acceptable for the left to resort to violence?

Maybe they had better things to do, such as constituency business, you know, the stuff they were elected to do.

No, they were showing their complete lack of respect for someone who had passed away recently, who happened to have been the first (and to date only) female PM of this country and the longest serving PM since Lord Liverpool in the early 1800's.

For those simple facts alone she deserves some respect. Once she has been buried, then pick over the bones of her time in office.

Had she done what Hitler or Stalin or Pol Pot etc had done, sure, rejoice at her passing. But she did nowhere near anything of that sort.

They could have turned up and said nothing. Or, they could have turned up and spouted bile, like Jackson.

Instead, they stayed away and made themselves look like the petty, pathetic, classless prigs that they are.

I would vote for a monkey or a piece of tumbleweed before I voted for them.

So what are the other 648 Argentinians, 255 British Servicemen and the three Falkland Islanders who were killed between 2nd April and 14th June 1982?

Scotch mist?

Not sure if you're pro or anti here, but I'm going to assume, from your comment, you're anti.

It was a war - Argentina invaded a British territory. Thatcher sent a task force to defend a British territory. And before you say 'it was only a couple of rocks a couple of thousand miles away' - it was a British Territory. When Japan bombed Pearl Harbour the US didn't think, it's only an island - they took it as an attack on US soil.

The implications and the message it sent to the wider world was more than just a couple of islands in the South Atlantic.

People, on both sides, as well as civillians, die and get injured in war. That's an unfortunate consequence. The victors usually less so, the vanguished, more so.

If they, Argentina, had not wanted any of their soldiers to have been injured or killed, they should not have invaded another country.

It is sad, but it's a fact of war.

Daily Mail?? then it WAS rumours :)

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 13:25 ----------

Ahh, now THATS OK, they were toffs :)

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 13:27 ----------

As a matter of interest, did they all get off the Belgrano alive then?

As to that, were there no British dead aboard HMS Sheffield, Devonshire, or on land. There would have been more if Belgrano had been allowed to wander free.

I would vote for a monkey or a piece of tumbleweed

Ahh, so you are a tory then :)

---------- Post added 12-04-2013 at 13:52 ----------

Not sure if you're pro or anti here, but I'm going to assume, from your comment, you're anti.

How does trying to correct errors stated previously make someone anti? There was a claim earlier that only 1 person lost their life in the conflict, a claim that was CLEARLY wrong

So what are the other 648 Argentinians, 255 British Servicemen and the three Falkland Islanders who were killed between 2nd April and 14th June 1982?

Scotch mist?

I think that you are mistaken with your question. When Thatcher made her "rejoice" comment we had yet to engage the Argentinians in serous conflict, and we had retaken South Georgia Island without any loss of any British life.

How does trying to correct errors stated previously make someone anti? There was a claim earlier that only 1 person lost their life in the conflict, a claim that was CLEARLY wrong

Firstly, no, I am not. They would be a step up from half the Labour MPs who showed their lack of class this week.

Secondly, apologies for the misreading - it was not entirely clear in your comment and I did not read back the thread.

The claim was made to the reclaiming South Georgia island, not the conflict overall.

Archived