Why is it acceptable for the left to resort to violence?

I've yet to see, on this thread, any post explaining WHY they believe some people think that violence fom "the left" is acceptible. I've never heard anyone say it's acceptable.

Yes no-one has answered this.

There was violence. It was from the left.

People here have said 'but what about this' and tried to go off-topic. It is clear that some people think it is acceptable. But why?

Now there are people on here (and others who caused the violence seen UK wide) who want lots of things from the Government - cheaper rent, a sick note, more benefits etc. But if someone cannot behave in a proper and respectful manner, then surely they do not deserve to get what they want.

People here have said 'but what about this' and tried to go off-topic. It is clear that some people think it is acceptable. But why?

Now there are people on here (and others who caused the violence seen UK wide) who want lots of things from the Government - cheaper rent, a sick note, more benefits etc. But if someone cannot behave in a proper and respectful manner, then surely they do not deserve to get what they want.

This is your problem really. You can't see beyond your nose end.

Nobody has said that violence is acceptable. A few of us have pointed out that it isn't the sole preserve of the left. There are right wing thugs, and left wing thugs. It has always been the same.

You also seem to be of the view that everyone who is "on the left" is some kind of benefit recipient. You neglect to consider the possibility that some people form opinions based upon principle, rather than bank balance.

At least you revealed your true colours with those last two sentences. (I use the term "sentences" rather generously.)

You seem to have missed my point.

You come on here with a thread asking why violence from the left is accepable but don't give any evidence to suggest that anyone thinks it is. I've asked several times now what makes you think some people DO find it acceptable?

You come on here with a thread asking why violence from the left is accepable but don't give any evidence to suggest that anyone thinks it is.

I think you've missed the point.

Look at the pictures of people attacking the Police last week.

They think it is acceptable to be violent to justify their views on MT.

So once again - why is it acceptable for the left to resort to violence?

---------- Post added 13-04-2013 at 13:53 ----------

You also seem to be of the view that everyone who is "on the left" is some kind of benefit recipient. You neglect to consider the possibility that some people form opinions based upon principle, rather than bank balance.

There are some 'highly educated' people on the left. Probably more educated than those who were educated during the Labour Government and have a degree in media production from the University of Lincoln.

But once again - attacking the Police? Drinking in public areas? Climbing onto property? Smashing shop windows?

I was in London a while back when there was a protest over some Government cut, and the damage to the shops and the area was just sickening. People from the left keep doing this because they seem to think it is acceptable.

There are some 'highly educated' people on the left. Probably more educated than those who were educated during the Labour Government and have a degree in media production from the University of Lincoln.

But once again - attacking the Police? Drinking in public areas? Climbing onto property? Smashing shop windows?

I was in London a while back when there was a protest over some Government cut, and the damage to the shops and the area was just sickening. People from the left keep doing this because they seem to think it is acceptable.

And equally those on the right do too.

Neither groups ought to be.

So once again - why is it acceptable for the left to resort to violence?[/Quote]

You'd have to ask them, surely?

It's moot until someone puts forward the idea that it is okay.

So now your real question is emerging. It is not, as you claim, why is it acceptable for the left to resort to violence?

It is really, why do people who use violence think it is acceptable?

Are you actually saying that ALL people who protest are left wingers?

So what you're saying is that the people committing violent acts think it's acceptable. That would apply to most people committing violent acts, regardless of their political persuasion.

As Mike has already mentioned, your question would be more appropriate if reworded as "why do some people think their acts of violence are acceptable?"

Archived