Why is it acceptable for the left to resort to violence?

I didn't hear any rumours. I was quoting from Wikipedia (and the Daily Mail)

Must be right then.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 10:11 ----------

Of course not, he didn't polarise a country and ruin millions of lives. He may have been incompetent but how many MPs aren't?

A similar question was asked last night by some fawning Thatcher lover, asking if people were jubilant and joyous about John Smith's death.

Well d'uh. Of course they weren't, he was never in a position of power to do anything. If he'd come to power then shut down all the banks, brokers, hedge funds etc and made everyone in the South of England unemployed then I've no doubt the Tories would celebrate his demise.

Actually Blair is responsible for the deaths of over 500,000 in Iraq, along with his sidekick Bush. He attacked Iraq, Thatcher freed the Falklands.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 10:16 ----------

The thread title is "Why is it acceptable for the left to resort to violence?"

I was asking why you and others think it was acceptable for the right to resort to violence.

Do you see?

In this country I assume you mean the "right" to be the Tories in power. The "right" have never had to resort to violence in an attempt to overthrow the elected government. This is due to the fact that the British voter is, at root, conservative and despises the revolutionary.

The nearest we ever got to a "right" wing resort to violence was in the dark days of the 70s when people like David Stirling started a movement that successfully infiltrated the Unions. Fortunately the Unions were so corrupt and communist run that it was only necessary to expose the truth and violent overthrow became uneccesary.

There wasn't any trouble in Liverpool, despite what the DM reported. A crowd did turn up at Lime Street for a "celebration" but this is Liverpool, where they hold candlelit vigils for dead chickens....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

Loving this quote - Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306165/Margaret-Thatcher-death-parties-The-Lefts-sick-celebration-Brixtons-streets.html

We constantly hear about the complaints against bedroom tax, millionaire's tax cut, benefits etc etc.

But why is it acceptable for the left, those who are calling for changes, to be violent, rude and down right disrespectful?

Hasn't this always been the case, going back to the miner's strikes? We will get what we want, or we will fight and be violent until you give it to us?

What makes you think it's acceptable? You've given a link which suggests it isn't, but nothing to suggest it is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306165/Margaret-Thatcher-death-parties-The-Lefts-sick-celebration-Brixtons-streets.html

We constantly hear about the complaints against bedroom tax, millionaire's tax cut, benefits etc etc.

But why is it acceptable for the left, those who are calling for changes, to be violent, rude and down right disrespectful?

Hasn't this always been the case, going back to the miner's strikes? We will get what we want, or we will fight and be violent until you give it to us?

If you push people into a corner, what are their options?

Archived