Are discussions on Sheffield Forum too simplistic?

Are arguments on the forum too binary?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are arguments on the forum too binary?

• Yes
    • No

Two of us actually, another certain member copied my signature *shakes fist*

With regards to the OP, no, I've seen quite a few people on here open to having their minds changed, I myself have changed my opinion on a few things after reading certain discussions.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, the trouble is that some will try to claim their opinion as a matter of fact, rather than just opinion, but when asked to provide some kind of structured argument or explanation to back up this claim many cannot offer any and tend to get angry or abusive.

My IQ - for what it's worth (And that's not a lot) is a very high number indeed.

And that's all we need to say about that.

I didn't come to this forum to look at me in a mirror - I came there to listen to/read the opinions of other people. That's how I learn.

God gave me one tongue, two ears and two eyes.

Whether you believe in God or not is immaterial ... (Lets go for Darwin... When did you get 17 mouths?)

(The number is still above 150, but it's too low to talk about.)

My IQ - for what it's worth (And that's not a lot) is a very high number indeed.

And that's all we need to say about that.

I didn't come to this forum to look at me in a mirror - I came there to listen to/read the opinions of other people. That's how I learn.

God gave me one tongue, two ears and two eyes.

Whether you believe in God or not is immaterial ... (Lets go for Darwin... When did you get 17 mouths?)

(The number is still above 150, but it's too low to talk about.)

Did you just have a meltdown Rupe, or am I still half asleep?

I have 'meltdowns' every day. rootsbooster :hihi::hihi::hihi:

i get really ****** off when people challenge me (but don't ever let that stop you.)

Your problem is? (If I post on this forum and I upset you, I have to tolerate your reply. I can live with that. What's your problem and why should you be permitted to hide it?

Actually, Booster et al, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I am (Or was, as far as I am concerned) the 'most powerful being in the universe.

Now if you don't believe that and you were going for major surgery and you weren't the most likely survivor, who wins?

I don't know, I don't care, I am determined to survive.

There's rules, and there's recovery times and there's Rupert's Rules!

They operated on me om the morning of the 28th December and said I could go home on the 31st.

On 28 December my heart was sitting in a bucket waiting for somebody to put the lot back together, I was technically dead and waiting for a re-start.

It all worked. No, I do not need to talk to you.

Try that for a simplistic discussion!

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 07:21 ----------

The discussions are silly, It's a good form of mild entertainment on here!

Surely good old forms of mild entertainment are preferable to dyspepsia?

Actually, Booster et al, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I am (Or was, as far as I am concerned) the 'most powerful being in the universe.

Now if you don't believe that and you were going for major surgery and you weren't the most likely survivor, who wins?

I don't know, I don't care, I am determined to survive.

There's rules, and there's recovery times and there's Rupert's Rules!

They operated on me om the morning of the 28th December and said I could go home on the 31st.

On 28 December my heart was sitting in a bucket waiting for somebody to put the lot back together, I was technically dead and waiting for a re-start.

It all worked. No, I do not need to talk to you.

Try that for a simplistic discussion!

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 07:21 ----------

Surely good old forms of mild entertainment are preferable to dyspepsia?

I'm still none the wiser, cool story though!

As a side note, I've almost died a few times too, it's not the best of things to go through

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 12:18 ----------

I have 'meltdowns' every day. rootsbooster :hihi::hihi::hihi:

i get really ****** off when people challenge me (but don't ever let that stop you.)

Your problem is? (If I post on this forum and I upset you, I have to tolerate your reply. I can live with that. What's your problem and why should you be permitted to hide it?

Have I said something to make you think I have a problem with you? Or that I want to hide it? :huh:

Archived