Canal closed from April onwards

chidorii

Very recently 10s of signs have been erected dotted along the canal stating that the towpath will be closed from 22nd April through to Autumn for vast improvement.

They were all along the part I walked from half penny bridge area to Ickles lock at Rotherham.

First off, it's great news as these paths are regularly used by 100s. a lot of the stretches can get treacherous in wet weather, so a welcomed activity.

Problem is, I had planned to fish their for the next 8 weeks haha!

I wonder if it will be completely blocked off, or will they work in sections. I'll try and dig up some information or ask the canal river trust. In the mean time, anyone know what's occurring?

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 22:32 ----------

Seen a bit more information on Rotherham Record..

"All access points will be closed from Don Street to Wharf Road Bridge until the autumn. A diversion via Sheffield Road will be signposted.''

Mostly Rotherham part, which is membership/day ticket waters. Probably a bit out of the way for most of you guys especially when the Tinsley marinas is pretty good anyway!

Archived