Two men guilty of terror charges

Hope you're okay Rich. Sounds truly awful. Don't worry about replying just do what you do and you'll get that equilibrium back.

Take it easy.

Nah forget it Mike I'm fine, it was, erm, sorted.

There was no need to inflame the situation with the police and the young man apologised and I warned him that next time he might not aim his aggression at someone quite so 'tolerant'.

I'll be in the same place, at roughly the same time tomorrow and I can assure you we will share a friendly nod to each other :D

Nah forget it Mike I'm fine, it was, erm, sorted.

There was no need to inflame the situation with the police and the young man apologised and I warned him that next time he might not aim his aggression at someone quite so 'tolerant'.

I'll be in the same place, at roughly the same time tomorrow and I can assure you we will share a friendly nod to each other :D

Result....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22091107

All pleaded guilty

There plans if carried out would have killed many many people , surely it's time for the death penalty .

Thank goodness these evil fascist scum didn't get far enough to commit the act, would have been an atrocity. Well done to our police and security services for keeping us safe from this evil.

The problem is that it's not people who were previously radicalised or even Muslim that are falling prey to them. Petty criminals from muslim ( and even non-muslim in some cases) backgrounds are getting brainwashed in UK jails by these people. For the weak minded a "noble cause" in their otherwise pointless life holds an allure so we're seeing a marked increase in jailhouse Muslims emering from prison as radicals.
I don't disagree but the problem you highlight equally pertains to other disenfranchised groups..the far right, blacks, whites etc, this is especially true in American jails, but it has to be addressed through more effective supervision, not executing those who might be instigating it.

However that is an aside to the central question of why our policy of identify, target, kill is fine in other people's countries (and with an enemy as dangerous as these people I agree it is the right policy) why is it morally unacceptable here against people who are not just dangerous enemies but traitors to boot?

I don't agree with the death penalty in any event and I believe there are even fewer reasons to justify it against 'political' prisoners..those with a 'cause' will happily die to further their aims.

Archived