Two men guilty of terror charges

Still waiting...

Me too.

I dont think BF has any intention of answering me.

Are you going to answer or avoid?

Answer what?

You mean that which ive already answered? Seems a bit pointless when all you have to do is skip back a few posts and see my answer.

Mod Note

We seem to be doing a lot of posts demanding answers and not actually making a contribution and my earlier warning about personal comments seems to be being ignored.

I've asked nicely, I'm not going to ask again.

Discuss the topic or lose it.

I'll reopen the thread shortly when you've all had a chance to read that and calm down a bit.

Just your feelings on them all in general.

Asians are wonderful people.

Japanese food and culture cant be bettered, The people of Hong Kong are the kindest ive ever met, Vietnam is incredible and China, well it has its faults but theres just something about the place and people. Its hard to describe but they are so engaging. One time i was listening to some elderly chinese bloke tell me about his life and i was shocked to see that 4 hours had passed and he was barley out of his teenage years.

Why?

Mod Note

We seem to be doing a lot of posts demanding answers and not actually making a contribution and my earlier warning about personal comments seems to be being ignored.

I've asked nicely, I'm not going to ask again.

Discuss the topic or lose it.

I'll reopen the thread shortly when you've all had a chance to read that and calm down a bit.

My profound apologies if i was one of the miscreants Esme.

Having said that,i came rather late to the discussion and thought it appropriate to ask peoples views on Asians in general before i commented.

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 15:35 ----------

Asians are wonderful people.

Japanese food and culture cant be bettered, The people of Hong Kong are the kindest ive ever met, Vietnam is incredible and China, well it has its faults but theres just something about the place and people. Its hard to describe but they are so engaging. One time i was listening to some elderly chinese bloke tell me about his life and i was shocked to see that 4 hours had passed and he was barley out of his teenage years.

Why?

Just curious i suppose.

It seems we are singing from the same Kuran.:thumbsup:

It's someone crass and foolish opinion.

Really...let me see if I can help you understand the comment

1. 2 people members of a religious organization

2. 2 people of said organization found guilty of terrorism related charges

3. said two people acting in the name of their religion

4. many others from same religion in the past been found guilty of same or similar charges(hence the "again")

5. said religion is in their own words "The religion of peace"

put all those together and you arrive at...The Religion of peace strikes again..now please explain how a statement based on facts can be a foolish statement

Couple of problems with that though, aside from space and cost. Islamic fundamentism in prisons is causing serious problems and radicalisation and recruitment of terrorists is occurring in prisons where Muslim terrorists are held.
Good point andygardener, ghettos in prison certainly create a fertile environment for the fundamentalists, but I'd guess that in many cases they're preaching to the already fundamentally created. In other cases it has to be down to the management of the prison and how affiliations (of whatever persuasion) are supervised. Personally I wouldn't address legitimate fears of such activity by re-introducing the death penalty.

Second is hostage taking to demand release of terrorists which has occurredaround the world.

Again that's a fair point, but imagine the escalation in global terrorism if the west started topping a few arsey Muslims?

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 15:49 ----------

Convicted terrorists have referred to Islam as the 'religion of peace'?

Really...let me see if I can help you understand the comment

1. 2 people members of a religious organization

2. 2 people of said organization found guilty of terrorism related charges

3. said two people acting in the name of their religion

4. many others from same religion in the past been found guilty of same or similar charges(hence the "again")

put all those together and you arrive at...The Religion of peace strikes again..now please explain how a statement based on facts can be a foolish statement

Your original statement was ''The religion of peace strikes again''. I stand by my assertion that it was a crass and foolish thing to say for the following reasons.

- the two men convicted are not representative of Islam in general.

- there many millions of Muslims worldwide; the number of extremists is a tiny fraction of the whole.

- the overwhelming majority of Muslims do not support terrorism

- it's as foolish as to observe ''The religion of peace strikes again'' in regard to these two as it would be to observe it in regard to the tens of thousands of people killed by the US military in recent years, or in regard to the thousands who died in the Hamburg firestorm.

Your original statement was ''The religion of peace strikes again''. I stand by my assertion that it was a crass and foolish thing to say for the following reasons.

- the two men convicted are not representative of Islam in general.

- there many millions of Muslims worldwide; the number of extremists is a tiny fraction of the whole.

- the overwhelming majority of Muslims do not support terrorism

- it's as foolish as to observe ''The religion of peace strikes again'' in regard to these two as it would be to observe it in regard to the tens of thousands of people killed by the US military in recent years, or in regard to the thousands who died in the Hamburg firestorm.

Can you prove that the majority of muslims do not support terrorism ?

these men acted on behalf of their religion ergo they represented the religion of peace,whether they were a minority doesnt make any difference whatsoever ,you seem to get very mixed up with the wishy washy version iof Islam you see over here maybe you ought to visit a strict muslim country and see the difference.

Archived