Government now waging war on Countryside families

I oppose this move, but it's nothing compared to the devastation caused to young rural Britons by the Labour parties mass immigration policy which has decimated the prospects of British workers in rural areas.

Out of curiosity, do you lay any blame at the feet of the rural people and businesses who employ the immigrant labour?

Of course, they have their case to answer too. But the labour people who allowed it are the most guilty.

Understood.

Playing devil's advocate, aren't the rural businesses simply taking advantage of a free market labour economy?

Isn't the free movement of labour, as provided within the EU and by the EU, both essential to and a fundamental expression of free market philosophy?

In fact, is it not fair to say that to cap immigration at all is a form of protectionism and regulation that directly contradicts free market economics?

For the sake of clarity these are genuine questions and I'm not necessarily throwing them at you Andy, just throwing them out there.

Understood.

Playing devil's advocate, aren't the rural businesses simply taking advantage of a free market labour economy?

Isn't the free movement of labour, as provided within the EU and by the EU, both essential to and a fundamental expression of free market philosophy?

In fact, is it not fair to say that to cap immigration at all is a form of protectionism and regulation that directly contradicts free market economics?

For the sake of clarity these are genuine questions and I'm not necessarily throwing them at you Andy, just throwing them out there.

Free market requires a level playing field on all sides. If the foreigners had to compete at nmw then maybe we could argue it's all good if they were taxed suitably to account for previous lack of contribution. But they don't, they compete well below nmw due to housing deductions. So no it's not a free market it's one shafting rural youth by design in favour of low wage foreigners.

Free market requires a level playing field on all sides. If the foreigners had to compete at nmw then maybe we could argue it's all good if they were taxed suitably to account for previous lack of contribution. But they don't, they compete well below nmw due to housing deductions. So no it's not a free market it's one shafting rural youth by design in favour of low wage foreigners.

Yes, that makes sense. Who then, is at fault for paying below the minimum wage? Isn't it illegal?

Aren't you blaming New Labour (of whom I am no fan by the way) for the greed of rural businesses?

Lets face it, you've got a coalition government.

The Libs hate rural dwellers.

Labour doesn't even know they exist

and the Tories don't care.

The Tories may, in the distant past, have been though to be the party which supported rural dwellers, but if you want to read about the attitude of the present Tory numpties, google 'Turnip Taliban' or research "MissTrust - the lady who who was forced on a constituency as their candidate having 'forgotten' about her previous life."

The Tories (like other politicians) go where the votes are and rural dwellers suck the hind tit every time.

Yes, that makes sense. Who then, is at fault for paying below the minimum wage? Isn't it illegal?

Aren't you blaming New Labour (of whom I am no fan by the way) for the greed of rural businesses?

Anyone who illegally pays below nmw is breaking the law, but the accusation thing seems legal. Immoral and disgraceful and no farmer I know round here does it as we have a very decent local farming community but seemingly legal under labours rules.

Archived