Louvre closes after staff walk out because of pickpockets

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22098102

France feeling the benefits of an eu with open borders

Edit : title should read "because of" - if a mod could amend that would be great ta!

What has it got to do with the EU? The pickpockets more than likely come from the "banlieues" - the Paris council estates. I remember seeing teenage pickpockets openly working the escalators in the Gare du Nord over 30 years ago.

What has it got to do with the EU? The pickpockets more than likely come from the "banlieues" - the Paris council estates. I remember seeing teenage pickpockets openly working the escalators in the Gare du Nord over 30 years ago.

These particular more violent ones are Roma from the east.

I'm at a loss here. I've read the article and nowhere does it suggest that Romanians or any other specific EU nationals are in any way involved. where on earth has this rubbish come from and why?

You're allowed to fill the blanks in..even though there are no blanks.;)

You're allowed to fill the blanks in..even though there are no blanks.;)

And some media groups leave blanks wide open,in fear of getting blasted themselves for mentioning any kind of group.Further investigation from other media sources suggest Romany gypsy groups,but I can't say for certain.I would say one thing though,Meadowhall is going to get interesting over the next few years.

I'm at a loss here. I've read the article and nowhere does it suggest that Romanians or any other specific EU nationals are in any way involved. where on earth has this rubbish come from and why?

The "rubbish" came from France Deux, the French version of the BBC. They're a lot less terrified about reporting offenders nationality than the beeb though.

Archived