Fascism, is it really that bad

There is a possibility that Wilson was a Soviet agent, indeed the 5th man alongside Philby Burgess Blunt etc.

The evidence for that is that Wilson went to Cambridge in the 30s and to the Soviet Union after the war as Secretary for Overseas Trade. The other evidence is the paranoia of the conspiracy theorists who believe it.

As to the paranoid nonsense

The populace were promised a referendum by the present government and were denied, as well as their oppression of minority parties,

What oppression of which minority parties?

The one that you promote would be a starter.

I don't promote any political party. Which minority parties are you claiming have been oppressed?

There were elements of the security services that were convinced Wilson was a traitor. Peter Wright was a member of the security services who wrote extensively on this.

Whether or not he was right or not remains to be seen. Certainly there were left wingers including many in the Union movement who desired a Marxist state and saw Soviet Russia as an example we should follow.

Wilson certainly believed there was a plot against him, Roy Hattersley confirms this.

Whether people who believe Peter Wright are paranoid is an individual judgement.

Hattersley infers Wilson was paranoid. Maybe this is what happens when two paranoias collide.

Certainly not. Common usage of nazi and commie are similar nonsenses. Juche gets a little less press thought it could be applied roughly to stalinism and Galtierie's particular brand of fun has much more in common with the Greek generals than it does with Hitler.

Stupid or mendacious people use inaccurate labels because they are either lazy or they wish to associate one thing with something they view as worse to contaminate the thing they are referring to. Hence people with "funky" hair use the term fascist to refer to anyone to the right of Wedgy Benn and people called Norman who iron creases into their old chap every morning see anyone to the left of Richard Littlejohn as commies.

Really? so every time someone wish's to describe a particular regime they have to go into minute detail as to exactly what constitutes the differentials between their particular ideology & every other regimes?

Tell me Andy, have you noticed how people keep falling asleep a lot whilst engaged in conversation with you?

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 11:29 ----------

Incidentally, I love the way you argue against people using stereotypical & inaccurate labels & then proceed to use them yourself in the comment.

According to Newsweek (this weeks edition page 21) Pakistani young persons (aged 18 to 29.) are not interested in democracy equating it with corruption.

They wish to be governed by either the army, or under sharia law. I would contend both these systems are, if you leave out the religious content in Sharia, fascist in nature.

Only 23% believe that democracy is suitable for a country such as Pakistan.

I suggest therefore that democracy as it is known in the west is not transferable to an everywhere and we should accept the fact that many people prefer to live under authotarian regimes were, if there leaders are benign, the populace is safe, secure and fed.

I think the western powers should try a period of keeping their noses out of other countries business.

Thus far their constant interference has resulted in thousands of deaths & a hatred of the West amongst many who previously had no quarrel with us.

If we wish to exert influence let's try other means than force.

According to Newsweek (this weeks edition page 21) Pakistani young persons (aged 18 to 29.) are not interested in democracy equating it with corruption.

They wish to be governed by either the army, or under sharia law. I would contend both these systems are, if you leave out the religious content in Sharia, fascist in nature.

Only 23% believe that democracy is suitable for a country such as Pakistan.

I suggest therefore that democracy as it is known in the west is not transferable to an everywhere and we should accept the fact that many people prefer to live under authotarian regimes were, if there leaders are benign, the populace is safe, secure and fed.

its something we in the west can't seem to comprehend:)

btw are you having a good "thing yan::

at least the generals got the (asian locust) motocycle banned:hihi:i:

Or for a certain section of society something to aspire too.

I certainly do not aspire to dictatorship. I think democracy is a wonderful development and something that we in this country can be proud of. However, it does seem that some other cultures in the world do not easily take to it.

Archived