Fascism, is it really that bad

If you value individual liberty then yes, fascism is really that bad.

The Government should have more power, its ridiculous that they cannot cut and change things without being taken to court. From solar energy to deporting illegal immigrants. Things have gone too far in the other direction, I dont want state violence, but things have gone too far.

I am anti globalisation, I recall a small tax on supermarkets being one of the BNPs policies. I would favour a tax system that favoured smaller shops, multinationals not paying their taxes, I am sure we have all read about that.

I know some people dont think the smaller parties have policies, but its not just the main two parties that people agree with.

I agree, I'm in the middle of them all and think most parties have some good policies including the BNP, I would prefer something in between protectionism and globalisation. I don’t think what I want is possible, a mixture of them all.

The Government should have more power, its ridiculous that they cannot cut and change things without being taken to court. From solar energy to deporting illegal immigrants. Things have gone too far in the other direction, I dont want state violence, but things have gone too far.

Be careful what you wish for, is all I can say to that. Hand power to an amoral power center, don't expect it to be used as intended.

Be careful what you wish for, is all I can say to that. Hand power to an amoral power center, don't expect it to be used as intended.

The Government we have, are the majority of MPs that were elected by a national ballot, of course they should have more power. If they are ineffective they might get elected again in 2015. In a different thread people were saying how a strong Government with Maggie was good, Government had more power back then. We also need an import duty on all goods, we could then pay off our debt or reduce income tax.

The government has all the power it needs, within the law; to suggest that the government should be free to act outside the law is extremely short sighted.

The Government we have, are the majority of MPs that were elected by a national ballot, of course they should have more power. If they are ineffective they might get elected again in 2015. In a different thread people were saying how a strong Government with Maggie was good, Government had more power back then. We also need an import duty on all goods, we could then pay off our debt or reduce income tax.

Have you considered moving to North Korea? Why not give it a go?

You may find it curbs your enthusiasm for fascism.

If you want a free press (and if, by 'free press' you mean one which publishes that which you wish to read -) buy your own newspaper.

There is no such thing as an unbiased newspaper. Every newspaper has an Editor and that Editor either sets the editorial policy or follows the policy set by his masters.

For much of my life I had access to (about the nearest thing possible to) totally unbiased news.

That is deemed to be very dangerous stuff! - So dangerous that it is highly classified.

It's 'need to know'. I don't (and you probably don't either.)

:shocked: Rupert baehr me bum. You're him aren't you?

The problem with import duties, or any form of protectionism, is that inevitably large corporations end up wielding their influence over government for preferential rates. The larger the state, the more of it there is to be seized upon by corporate interests.

Now, talk about changing how we legally recognise business entities in this country, and you might have a more convincing argument for protectionism.

There's always a flip side to giving government more power to solve our problems, and often an "unholy coalition" of genuine, well meaning MP's and anti-competitive special interests behind new regulations. The sooner we understand this, the better.

Archived