Can Money Buy Love?

You can't buy me with your money, but you can "buy" me with your drive and ambition, even if you're skint today. For me, that's one of the most attractive traits in a woman.

I'm sure no self respecting modern man or woman wants to be kept by their partner, but often we need the reassurance that whoever we choose as our life partner has at least some shred of determination to make their future more secure and prosperous.

Paul McCartney wrote a song about it. Then spent years and millions trying to make a go of it with the ex- prostitute come money digger that he fell for.

Then again ................ therein lies the answer. McCartney [ a man who continues to prove the Beatles are dying in the wrong order ] went wrong in buying the wrong type of dog. A furry one you need to take walkies would have provided luuurrvvve unconditionally.

Dogs and bitches need to be separated out.

Draw your own conclusions.

Paul McCartney wrote a song about it. Then spent years and millions trying to make a go of it with the ex- prostitute come money digger that he fell for.

Then again ................ therein lies the answer. McCartney [ a man who continues to prove the Beatles are dying in the wrong order ] went wrong in buying the wrong type of dog. A furry one you need to take walkies would have provided luuurrvvve unconditionally.

Dogs and bitches need to be separated out.

Draw your own conclusions.

In what order should they have died then?

I don't think it can. Money can buy a fascade, but not the real thing. You think Hugh Hefner's wife will be grieving the day after he dies or will she be out shopping?

Then we have the bigger question, which is much more difficult to answer; can lack of money kill love?

I don't think it can. Money can buy a fascade, but not the real thing. You think Hugh Hefner's wife will be grieving the day after he dies or will she be out shopping?

She might claim the shopping as grief management therapy.

Then we have the bigger question, which is much more difficult to answer; can lack of money kill love?[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmm that is a good question.

Which one?

Then we have the bigger question, which is much more difficult to answer; can lack of money kill love?

Isn't money the reason for most divorces?

You need to understand what characteristics are attractive to a lot of women.

It comes down to our base attraction connected to procreation. Women look for men who would be a good protector and provider for their offspring. Money is the most basic "thing" that can provide these. Men on the other hand look for women with clear skin, symmetrical and slim bodies as they are the most healthy and likely to bare children.

A good example I have heard before is celebrity look a likes. We all know celebrities are rich and famous. But if neither of these where the reason why they had legions of fans and stalkers (basically women throwing themselves at them), their look-a-likes would have the same problem. Then there is the whole premier league footballer paradox. Some of them are, lets say, not blessed in the looks or brains department, but extremely attractive women throw themselves at them.

I remember a comic strip in a paper many years ago that stuck with me. It was a man talking to a women at a perfume/aftershave counter. He asks the lady "I want something that will attract women", the lady hands him one fragrance and says "This works well, it smells like lots of money".

However, money only gets you so far. I think it just gives people the opportunity to interact and then the whole falling in love happens later on, irrespective of money.

What I dislike is the idea of a prenuptial prior to marriage. I suppose that would only appear suitable and less of a sting in the tail of the relationship, if both parties were rich. Either way it's hardly a romantic gesture that alludes to love.

Yes, well, the excuse the lawyers give is that a prenup is proof you are marrying for love, not money :suspect:

...McCartney [ a man who continues to prove the Beatles are dying in the wrong order ]...

So I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way :hihi:

Archived