Endowment Short fall

Sounds like another PPI type rip off to me, if you think you are entitled to a refund for this then the first stop should really be the Financial Ombudsman for advice

Besides of you have a shortfall and these guys manage to plug it for you and then take 42% of that as a fee, you are going to still have 42% of the shortfall you had before

So better but not perfect,

And if they fail to get anything will they still want paying or are they one one these no win no fee agencies ?

You need to get in touch with the company itself, don't pay anyone to do it for you, most of the companies involved now have procedures in place to help you.

4 years ago we were approached by one of these companies offering help with regards to PPI mis selling, we found out my hubby was entitled to claim, they wanted 30% commission,because my hubby no longer had the policy number he contacted Barclays who advised him to write to them and not use that 3rd party company. 9 months later he received a cheque from Barclays for nearly £2,000 some of which was an agreed compensation amount. It cost us the price of 2 stamps.

Don't use anyone else, its your money you have already paid out, if you are entitled to it claim it back and good luck

Sounds like another PPI type rip off to me, if you think you are entitled to a refund for this then the first stop should really be the Financial Ombudsman for advice

Besides of you have a shortfall and these guys manage to plug it for you and then take 42% of that as a fee, you are going to still have 42% of the shortfall you had before

And if they fail to get anything will they still want paying or are they one one these no win no fee agencies ?

No Win No Fee.Do you 42% is extortionate

Sorry did not explain .I have that already been paid out on policy.which did have a short fall

Sorry did not explain .I have that already been paid out on policy.which did have a short fall

The issue isn't whether or not you had a shortfall. but whether or not the endowment product was correctly sold to you.

I was under the impression that the window for claiming was now closed but I could be wrong.

As others have said 42% is nothing short of extortionate.

They may feel they have found a loophole which allows them to submit a claim but since the fee from the winning claims has also to cover the costs of handling the losing claims then the rate suggests they aren't very confident about their chances. Also, I think I'd be worried that this was a lead into some sort of scam rather than a genuine offer to help.

If you are interested in claiming then there are sites which give you all the letters and things to do for free, so I'd be tempted to give them a try. But do remember that the amount of compensation isn't related to the shortfall but the difference between what you would have paid on a repayment mortgage against what you did pay/receive from your endowment.

Archived