Finding money at a cash point?

I'd have done what fishy says in post 7. I've been poor but never so poor that I'd be happy to profit from someone else's loss.

The thing is you most likely would have profited as most people when losing something wouldn't dream of reporting it because of the stance taken by the op.

I did indeed and enjoyed a nice bottle of wine with the findings which I will drink tonight and still got 15 quid change. Cheers!

Car keys? are different, it's against the law to steal. so not the same thing.

The note had no owner and no way to trace it back,

Handing it in or giving away just means the recipient gets to spend it, not you!

On the other hand I've found wallets and mobile phones and always tried to return to owner because it's the right thing to do.

There's no difference matey you're still a thief and if you think you're going to get congratulated you're sadly mistaken.

I found a mobile once. It wasnt locked so had a look at the contacts and found "home". I rang it, spoke to the owner and then took it round to them. I didnt get an offer of a reward, but again, I'd of turned it down.

Also once at Morrisons, guy before me had left his credit card in the chip and pin machine. I told the check out assistant that I'd be 2 minutes and promptly chased after the guy. Found him in the car park and handed him his credit card back.

I shall not pass comment on the OP, I think enough people have done that.

I shall not pass comment on the OP, I think enough people have done that.

Although the scenario is probably all to common it's likely it didn't happen in this case. Between you and I it's prob more to do with some attention seeking thing.

Archived