Finding money at a cash point?

I

I don't even know you, and you comment about me sitting behind your computer. By all means PM me and we can meet face to face - let's see what you have to say then?

I'd say the same thing..you're a thief..and a self-aggrandising one at that.

I could put a few examples of returning things i have found,i wouldnt be suprised if the o/p could also do the same.In this case i dont really see what he could have done,get of your high horses calling him a thief etc.

He's being called a thieft because it appears that he is one.

Now if he'd found a £1 coin in the gutter no one really would complain because the chance of noticing that had gone, is low, and teh chance of identifying the owner is almost zero.

Someone losing £20 at a cash machine, where they can prove they withdrew money is a different matter though.

So it's where do you draw the line... £20? £50? or in my case, I once found £900 all in £50's.... Was it reasonable to just take that? It turned out it was lost by a guy on the way to buying a car - should I have just pocketed the cash hmm?

I have no wish to be your mate and if you come on an open discussion forum and brag about being a thief it's no good whining when you get unfavourable replies or did you think everybody was going to congratulate you? Please don't say you wanted advice because you'd already pocketed and spent some of your ill-gotten gains before you posted on here. I think you call me imbecile is very funny, primarily because you can actually spell it, but I have a clear conscience and there's an OAP posting on here asking for a food parcel because they lost £20 in town today and now has no money to buy their tea.

He's being called a thieft because it appears that he is one.

Now if he'd found a £1 coin in the gutter no one really would complain because the chance of noticing that had gone, is low, and teh chance of identifying the owner is almost zero.

Someone losing £20 at a cash machine, where they can prove they withdrew money is a different matter though.

So it's where do you draw the line... £20? £50? or in my case, I once found £900 all in £50's.... Was it reasonable to just take that? It turned out it was lost by a guy on the way to buying a car - should I have just pocketed the cash hmm?

Like i say,i could give a few examples such as the one you mention[not as much money granted]and if there was some way it could have been returned to the owner,then im sure he would have done so.The amount is not really the point,the point is what could he have done.

Taken it to a police station - that's what you are meant to do.

And how on earth could they prove it was theres.I bet someone calls in everyday and says have you found any money,oh it must be mine.A purse,a wad of notes,fair enough,a £20 note no.

And how on earth could they prove it was theres.I bet someone calls in everyday and says have you found any money,oh it must be mine.A purse,a wad of notes,fair enough,a £20 note no.

You hand it in giving details of the find.. circumstances, time, location etc. If someone comes in and makes a claim, what are the chances of the claimant not being able to mirror those circumstances.I'll tel you what chance..non.

If you have to think of an excuse not to, then you're looking for an excuse to justify something a little more dodgy.

Archived