United Colours of music festival, Don Valley bowl, 10th & 11th August

flash-blade

Day ticket £35

Weekend ticket £60

Camping £20

Arena/Stadium tram stop is right next to the festival site.

Last tram back to town is 00:09 on Saturday and 23:49 on Sunday.

tram fare from City Centre is £2.20 single or £4 Dayrider

tram fare from Meadowhall is £1.50 single.

Park & Ride available at Nunnery Square off Parkway for £4.50.

Think £35 is a reasonable price. UB40 worth the entrance fee alone!

Really? 35 quid I'd expect more than one band I'd heard of. I'd have thought a tenner a day maybe.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Really? 35 quid I'd expect more than one band I'd heard of. I'd have thought a tenner a day maybe.

Oh dear. I suggest you use your school holidays and google and YouTube who the bands are then. Most of the cover bands are well known on the music circuits in Sheffield covering classic hits. If you don't know who the Beat, Lambretta's , Skatterlites, Nev Stapples etc are . Ask any adult that knows anything about music.

£35 for a whole day of entertainment is peanuts. I usually pay that for one band at the Arena. Lets hope the sunshine continues for that weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

Oh dear. I suggest you use your school holidays and google and YouTube who the bands are then. Most of the cover bands are well known on the music circuits in Sheffield covering classic hits. If you don't know who the Beat, Lambretta's , Skatterlites, Nev Stapples etc are . Ask any adult that knows anything about music.

£35 for a whole day of entertainment is peanuts. I usually pay that for one band at the Arena. Lets hope the sunshine continues for that weekend.

Despite your very unwitty sarcasm, me being 37 and all, and your inability to respond in a civil way, I think you'll find many people haven't heard of those bands unless they're into that scene.

Don't let that get in the way of a snotty response though.

sorry but these are the real thing and not cheep to book we've kept the price as low as possible and feel that people will support live music in Sheffield or hope that they will check the facebook event there are youtube clips pf all the bands performing and £3 a band must be a bargain at the arena with booking fee it was £40 just for UB40 check them all out here

https://www.facebook.com/events/5621...09256/?fref=ts

Being honest not my type of bands but I wish you every success. We need more outdoor events in our city.

Do the people who organise these things look whats happening elsewhere?

On the 8th,9th 10th and 11th August there is the Blackpool Rebellion festival on where all the oldies who like this kind of Music will be!! It cost me £120 for 4 days and there are over 200 bands on over 6 stages starting at 1pm and the last band finishes at 2am. The food and drinks are at pub prices and you can come and go as you please to local pubs and restaurants.

Its £37.50 plus booking fee, to see UB40 alone on their tour. You can get cheaper tickets from rare and racey records and offers on groupon ect.

A lot of comments are unjust and sum up why Sheffield is a dead water for big music events.

Archived