United Colours of music festival, Don Valley bowl, 10th & 11th August

flash-blade

If I hadn't been going to Rebellion I certainly would have been here. Seen quite a few of these bands and The F***witts ands Reasons..... are great local bands. Would have gone to the pub though when UB40 on, sorry cant stand em!!

Its £37.50 plus booking fee, to see UB40 alone on their tour. You can get cheaper tickets from rare and racey records and offers on groupon ect.

A lot of comments are unjust and sum up why Sheffield is a dead water for big music events.

I disagree.

People don't have a lot of cash at the moment, and £60 for two days of largely unsigned/not well known bands, give or take a couple, is a lot of money, particularly when Tramlines was £6 or whatever it was.

I'm happy to pay for a quality line up, and equally happy to travel. I generally pay for VIP tickets at festivals (£320 for Sonisphere 2011 for example). That was worth it though in my view, given the line up.

My personal view, and others are of course free to disagree, is that £30 a day is a lot of money for largely unknown bands. Leaving aside UB40, the line up resembles something that the larger clubs such as Corp/Plug could and do put on, and charge a tenner for. Just my view of course - not saying any of the bands are not talented, but they aren't bands I've heard of, with exception of a couple that I've played with before.

When this festival was announced we couldn't wait for the tickets to go on sale. So at the the earliest opportunity we purchased 6 weekend tickets(between two families).

Then the first disaster occurred! Bad manners are 'double booked'. Not to worry an alternative will be found. (Relief!)

Next disaster, ticket prices reduced(obviously the lack of replacement for bad manners is affecting sales)!

At last good news, we have a replacement band!!!

Novatones!!!!(no disrespect, but WHO!!) not really a bad manners!

Anyway, we still look forward to the event!

Today(29/7/13) final kick in the teeth. A groupon offer to buy tickets at an even bigger knock down price!

I cannot put in words the level of disappointment we are all now feeling. We bought our tickets early to show our support for your venture, but now we just feel like idiots for not waiting to get a bargain!

This is nothing less than DISGUSTING!

sorry but I dj for the Corp and the plug and It's a long time since they charged a tenner for a band I don't know where your living but it's not the reel world try getting out more and listening to something other than x factor these bands tour the world and if you haven't heard of Madness the Specials the Beat or The Skatalites you need to come to see what a reel band sounds like out of the 20 bands 9 have had top ten hits in the UK and USA or both if that's unsigned then I'm sorry just my Opinion tho if you miss this you will be sorry as for price follow this link for a special Sheffield forum discount

http://www.mosboroughmusicfestival.co.uk

As with the other guy why the need for the attitude? "Try getting out more and not watching x factor?" You come across as far from pro with that attitude.

But anyway corp have lots of unsigned events for a tenner including multi band events. I've played quite a few.

I didn't see madness or the specials playing by the way? And I've never heard of the skatalites despite playing in bands for 20 years. Ska isn't my thing.

There's a couple of bands I've played with that I know but I think many folk don't. It's only from being in a punk band and playing punk festivals like Wasted that I know them.

We're getting off topic though so I won't keep this going.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Would never steriotype people but old people are boring.

Why would we want old fogies at the festival?

agree -I'm 51 and I'm boring - I wouldn't want to be near me at a festival. also, this looks totally rubbish - UB40!!?? even us oldies don't want to put up with UB40 - plastic processed 'reggae', music for people who don't like music like U2 and coldplay - urrrgh - the 'sex pistols experience'? bunch of no marks pretending to be the sex pistols - er don't think so - we had a perfect tramlines - sheffield showed other cities how to party, predict this will be more like the fair in Father Ted - there's a truly special little festival soon, intimate and gorgeous and fun, but I'm not saying where cos I don't want you to go cos you'll spoil it.

If you like UB40 and people pretending to be the sex pistols - ENJOY!!

A marketing tool is something that you should use at the beginning of your venture not something you use as a panic button when sales are down. I am not disputing the calibre of acts on display, I am only upset by the the fact that I paid £120 for two weekend tickets and now the same thing is on offer for £49!!!

Also for your information neville 'was' a singer with the specials not 'is the' singer.

We saw him recently and did nothing but 'slag off' the specials.

You promised a replacement for Bad Manners, a headline band, all you did was replace them with a band that can only muster a very early appearance on the list.

Archived