United Colours of music festival, Don Valley bowl, 10th & 11th August

flash-blade

A marketing tool is something that you should use at the beginning of your venture not something you use as a panic button when sales are down. I am not disputing the calibre of acts on display, I am only upset by the the fact that I paid £120 for two weekend tickets and now the same thing is on offer for £49!!!

Also for your information neville 'was' a singer with the specials not 'is the' singer.

We saw him recently and did nothing but 'slag off' the specials.

You promised a replacement for Bad Manners, a headline band, all you did was replace them with a band that can only muster a very early appearance on the list.

So you paid £60 each and now tickets are £24.50 each is that correct

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

My beef is NOT with the line up(although I am upset about bad manners) my beef is that I could be stood next to a couple, who are enjoying the same experience as me, having paid less than half as much as me.

As for the bands line ups, I know that the beat is rankin roger and his son(seen them a few times and are excellent) ub40, to the best of my knowledge, had a less than amicable split, and just one of the brothers now tour with the name.

Don't know about skatalites and cockney rejects(without googling them).

But we love jungle lion and reasons to be cheerful, both great local acts).

Lee Thompson looks good too.

Again I reiterate, the fact that the same tickets are now available at less than half price is totally wrong.

---------- Post added 30-07-2013 at 10:49 ----------

Most of these mini festivals that are springing up all over, reward people who get their tickets early, then up the price after,say, two weeks of sales. This has been done the other way around and punished us for buying early and showing our support for the event!

in fairness, I always used to grab last minute holiday deals and would get the same holiday for £200 that someone else had paid £600 for, which always chuffed them off. Here we have a tragedy waiting to happen that doesn't seem worth the groupon price!

according to the mighty google, ali campbell left UB40 in 08 and has had a number of very successful records since - the rest of the line up looks pretty original - if you like that sort of thing - I saw them at the then don new don valley stadium about 20 years ago and they were boring. like red red wine mind.

That may be true but you don't buy tickets for a gig at knock down prices when they've been on sale for months at full price.

Another example would be a football season ticket. When you buy your season ticket, any games that are due to have offers on pricing, this is already built in to your season ticket price. You can imagine the uproar if season ticket holders stumped up their money in advance only to find that half way through the season prices were slashed(to below half price), you would have a lot of unhappy punters!

---------- Post added 30-07-2013 at 14:19 ----------

It seems to have gone quiet from our promoter. Maybe he's realised he's messed up?

He also wants to be careful, because if he supplied the photo for the Groupon ad, the picture shows Ali and Robin Campbell!

A potential advertising standards job(if you were one of the 'lucky ones' to buy some of the'limited' tickets!

I can see why you're hacked off snozzler, but the organizers are probably panicking - huge box of unsold tockets and bills to pay - probably best not to ask the neighbours how much they paid and concentrate on getting your money's worth of partying for what you shelled out eh. hope you enjoy it.

Unfortunately sometimes you get a bargain, sometimes you don't. It can be the same with anything you buy. Many times I've bought things and then a week or two later they're in the sale at half price, and vice versa. I do feel for those who paid full price and I would have been one of them if my missus hadn't had a shoulder injury, delaying our decision about going or not.

Archived