United Colours of music festival, Don Valley bowl, 10th & 11th August

flash-blade

When was the last time you bought concert tickets at less than half price!

---------- Post added 30-07-2013 at 17:23 ----------

Other than for this!

It is unusual, but not unique. I've had offers of gig tickets, through work, for way below face value on 3.or 4 occasions in the past, when ticket sales were poor. I've also been to a number of comedy events, through Groupon, and paid well below the normal price.

If the pricing was realistic to start with none of this would have been necessary. We are going to a festival in Bingley (with bands like human league, cribs, neville staples,primal scream and more) for a 3 day ticket it's just £45! Has greed come back to bite.?

Groupon and Deal Monster are offering Day Tickets for £17 instead of £35 plus reductions for weekend ticket.

Ooops now that I've scrolled back, I see that this has already been mentioned ;-(

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Saturday - Good weather would be a bonus!

If the pricing was realistic to start with none of this would have been necessary. We are going to a festival in Bingley (with bands like human league, cribs, neville staples,primal scream and more) for a 3 day ticket it's just £45! Has greed come back to bite.?

If you thought the pricing was unrealistic, why buy tickets in the first place?

Because we wanted to go to the festival. And wanted to show support for local music and for a local venture! We did NOT however expect to get kicked in the teeth and RIPPED OFF (to the tune of £71 btw!), by a promoter who clearly is now panicking due to lack of sales and clearly hasn't got a clue how to run such a venture. Rest assured I won't be falling for this kind of crap again!

I think £35 is a little expensive and a little too late in the festival calendar.

Ive been to Glasto, Tramlines & Mosborough Music Festival this year which i regard as value for money but that was my budget for this year.

If you split Glasto over 3 days it comes to £70 per day including camping.

I think the pricing is a bit wrong for this event and maybe you've overstretched yourself.

He also wants to be careful, because if he supplied the photo for the Groupon ad, the picture shows Ali and Robin Campbell!

A potential advertising standards job(if you were one of the 'lucky ones' to buy some of the'limited' tickets)

The picture is supplied by UB40 for promotion use and there's only Robin on the photo.

Look snozz, yes I agree things could have been done differently, yes its frustrating when offers come out after you have purchased and I have been on the end of that before and I understand your a bit peeved, but ripped off! Another thing Bad Manners were taken off the bill (due to them being doubled booked, not our fault) weeks before tickets went on sale. I'll not be back on here for a couple of weeks so if you reply don't think I'm ignoring you as I respect people and try to reply where possible. I do hope you don't let your frustration cloud your day/days out and I hope you enjoy what should be a great musical weekend.

Because we wanted to go to the festival. And wanted to show support for local music and for a local venture! We did NOT however expect to get kicked in the teeth and RIPPED OFF (to the tune of £71 btw!), by a promoter who clearly is now panicking due to lack of sales and clearly hasn't got a clue how to run such a venture. Rest assured I won't be falling for this kind of crap again!

'dry your eyes mate.................'

You've not been ripped off, because you paid what you thought the tickets were worth.

You're still getting the same concert for the same money, the only difference is that others are getting it cheaper due to deals from certain places.....Just enjoy the concert!!

Loads of times I've paid full price for ice hockey tickets, only to find friends have picked up cheap tickets from the cinema etc. It doesn't bother me, because what I paid is what I thought it was worth. My enjoyment of the event remains the same even if others did get it cheaper.

Regards

Doom

Archived