United Colours of music festival, Don Valley bowl, 10th & 11th August

flash-blade

sounds like it was a right rip off...£35 for a one day event? (expensive at half the price too) with no big names except ub40?

of course there wasn't a better turn out.. and toilets and bar access was probably good because the place wouldn't have been overcrowded at that price

Tramlines was £6 a day plus lots of free stuff.

There's no excuse for an event like this to be more than £10 a day

and the dirty unhygienic food stall holders will probably have swelled the coffers too

I can't see how it was a rip off if you weren't forced to go for example the tickets for The British Grand Prix seem expensive but I don't feel in the least bit ripped off because I am not forced to go! I didn't go to this event but it seems to me some people were desperate for it to fail regardless of wether they were going or not :huh:

just been looking at pics of this event, no one there! lots of room for dancing, no queues for the lav (or anything else I guess), bills to pay and no brass in the till - even after the panic giving away of tickets - presume there's a bankruptcy hearing in the offing.

In the run up to the weekend I was totally hacked off with the promoters and organisers of the festival. I still think things could have been done differently. However, having just got back from sheff, after having a great weekend, I can only hold my hands up to them and say 'well done!'.

Yes the numbers were well down, but the quality of the line-up and the smoothness in the changing of bands(a few minor hitches, I think) all added up to a great weekend.

I do feel a bit for the organisers, as I'm sure they have a lot of bills to pay and not a lot of revenue to cover it,(although the amount of ale supped might cover some of them!) but I'm sure lessons have been learnt and(if) they do it again we will certainly attend. (Might wait 'til last minute to buy tickets(unless there's an early bird special rate), but if the high quality of bands and services is maintained I can see no reason why this event won't become an annual event.

I don't like it when people want to pull these things down,from their armchair, fair enough if you've been and had a bad time then feel free.

Again all I can say is well done guys and thanks to you and all the bands for a brill weekend.

In the run up to the weekend I was totally hacked off with the promoters and organisers of the festival. I still think things could have been done differently. However, having just got back from sheff, after having a great weekend, I can only hold my hands up to them and say 'well done!'.

Yes the numbers were well down, but the quality of the line-up and the smoothness in the changing of bands(a few minor hitches, I think) all added up to a great weekend.

I do feel a bit for the organisers, as I'm sure they have a lot of bills to pay and not a lot of revenue to cover it,(although the amount of ale supped might cover some of them!) but I'm sure lessons have been learnt and(if) they do it again we will certainly attend. (Might wait 'til last minute to buy tickets(unless there's an early bird special rate), but if the high quality of bands and services is maintained I can see no reason why this event won't become an annual event.

I don't like it when people want to pull these things down,from their armchair, fair enough if you've been and had a bad time then feel free.

Again all I can say is well done guys and thanks to you and all the bands for a brill weekend.

guessing there won't be a next time - who'd buy a ticket for an event that was a fraction of the price just before it kicked off last time? hope everyone enjoyed it, but doubt it will be the new Glasto.

guessing there won't be a next time - who'd buy a ticket for an event that was a fraction of the price just before it kicked off last time? hope everyone enjoyed it, but doubt it will be the new Glasto.

I dont think they ever expected to be the new Glastonbury!

sounds like it was a right rip off...£35 for a one day event? (expensive at half the price too) with no big names except ub40?

of course there wasn't a better turn out.. and toilets and bar access was probably good because the place wouldn't have been overcrowded at that price

Tramlines was £6 a day plus lots of free stuff.

There's no excuse for an event like this to be more than £10 a day

and the dirty unhygienic food stall holders will probably have swelled the coffers too

some paid £17...for that they got two days of great music...beer at £3...people were allowed to bring food in...unlike tramlines...security was first rate..unlike tramlines...so those who took the time enjoyed it...

tramlines on devonshire green this year...was a rip off...overpriced beer only stella served..and gestapo styled security...

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 20:18 ----------

don't put your money on it...lessons will have been learned...and i think this festival will be back next year...get a great headliner at the right price....that would be a winner...

i enjoyed it...the music and the beer...

just been looking at pics of this event, no one there! lots of room for dancing, no queues for the lav (or anything else I guess), bills to pay and no brass in the till - even after the panic giving away of tickets - presume there's a bankruptcy hearing in the offing.

sorry to disappoint but the boys did ok....my beer intake covered the cost of the bands...and if our government didn't throw our money away...on overseas aid...they might throw some our way..so we can enjoy a freebie...

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 20:30 ----------

seems the people who didn't come hated every minute those that did come loved it low numbers but a great time afraid were not subsidised from your council tax so every one paid for tramlines which as I'm elsewhere that weekend I don't feel is fair especially in the present climate but glad every one who could be bothered to come loved it keep skanking

seems only certain festivals get money thrown at it...but never mind...united colours of music...showed what can be done...without a state handout...one step beyond....see you next year...

yes mate...seem to have been pushed the boat out at rebellion the previous night...but they put in an energetic set...but vocals struggled a bit...it was a good day sunday...was in blackpool saturday..

I missed that one, son comes first. Glad they hit the mark :thumbsup:

Archived