United Colours of music festival, Don Valley bowl, 10th & 11th August

flash-blade

yes mate...seem to have been pushed the boat out at rebellion the previous night...but they put in an energetic set...but vocals struggled a bit...it was a good day sunday...was in blackpool saturday..

Is Rebellion the new name for Wasted?

seems the people who didn't come hated every minute those that did come loved it low numbers but a great time afraid were not subsidised from your council tax so every one paid for tramlines which as I'm elsewhere that weekend I don't feel is fair especially in the present climate but glad every one who could be bothered to come loved it keep skanking

Thanks for a good event we went Saturday and had a great time, good bands, reasonable priced beer, if its on next year we will be back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

Is Rebellion the new name for Wasted?

think so...blackpool for four days....every august

That's the one. Played at the 2006 one. Good days!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

A big thank you to all who came along and made all the hard work worth while, great people, great music.

Sorry to disappoint Frank & co but we will not go bust even though we lost money but its our money that we lost.

We have learned a hell of a lot from this event on what to do and what not to do and we will come back stronger for the experience, maybe the tickets were a bit too high and we should have looked at having a full house at cheaper prices but we are not greedy people hence we kept the bar prices low.

Whether or not we do another event in Sheffield we will see.

So once again thanks for creating a trouble free and friendly experience, I enjoyed seeing you all having such a great time, my highlight was the Skatalites, if you haven't seen these legends then please do, they are fantastic. Love & peace X

A big thank you to all who came along and made all the hard work worth while, great people, great music.

Sorry to disappoint Frank & co but we will not go bust even though we lost money but its our money that we lost.

We have learned a hell of a lot from this event on what to do and what not to do and we will come back stronger for the experience, maybe the tickets were a bit too high and we should have looked at having a full house at cheaper prices but we are not greedy people hence we kept the bar prices low.

Whether or not we do another event in Sheffield we will see.

So once again thanks for creating a trouble free and friendly experience, I enjoyed seeing you all having such a great time, my highlight was the Skatalites, if you haven't seen these legends then please do, they are fantastic. Love & peace X

it was a cracking event...no subsidy like other festivals....but thats our council for you...you have to be a minority to get a hand out...but i think mods, punks, skins, casuals and reggae boys are a minority group...so throw some money our way...:hihi::hihi:

A Big Thank You to the organisers! Really enjoyed Saturday- would have been there Sunday, but had prior engagement that I couldn't get out of!

Sorry to see that there wasn't the turn out that there should have been, and sorry to find so many other friends/ contacts saying that they'd have been there if they'd known about it! - there was plenty of advertising, so not sure how they missed it!

Will be there next year if it goes ahead!

it was a cracking event...no subsidy like other festivals....but thats our council for you...you have to be a minority to get a hand out...but i think mods, punks, skins, casuals and reggae boys are a minority group...so throw some money our way...:hihi::hihi:

Bad news things didnt work out financially - though sounds like a good weekend. Though not so sure about the line thats coming out about "other festivals" and "minorities" getting hand outs - i dont think many commercial festivals get subsidies.

Archived