Help, something running around in the attic

Hi everyone, I could do with a bit of help here please....

I've just heard something running about in our attic... sounds like its got hobnailed boots on! I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I know i need to catch whatever it is but might I need some professional something catcher? :o

Could be a bird, could be a squirrel.

When I lived with my parents a bird got in through an air-vent and as we had a massive attic it took some finding. Eventually it flew down a staircase (part of the attic was converted into two rooms from which two doors led into the attic itself) and frightened the living daylights out of us.

And then we had a legion of squirrels living in the attic, right next to my bedroom and I could hear them running around with their little scratching feet night after night. There must have been nearly a dozen of the little ********.

Good luck catching the miscreant.

Could be a bird, could be a squirrel.

When I lived with my parents a bird got in through an air-vent and as we had a massive attic it took some finding. Eventually it flew down a staircase (part of the attic was converted into two rooms from which two doors led into the attic itself) and frightened the living daylights out of us.

And then we had a legion of squirrels living in the attic, right next to my bedroom and I could hear them running around with their little scratching feet night after night. There must have been nearly a dozen of the little ********.

Good luck catching the miscreant.

:o eeeeek... we have a squirrel in the garden, but i didn't think it would come into the house..

It definately sounds like something more than a bird... :help:

Could be a bird, in which case.... grab Her.

When I lived with my parents a bird got in through an air-vent and as we had a massive attic She took some finding. Eventually She ran down a staircase (part of the attic was converted into two rooms from which two doors led into the attic itself) and frightened the living daylights out of us.

And then we had a legion of She-males living in the attic, right next to my bedroom and I could hear them running around with their little scratching feet night after night. There must have been nearly a dozen of the little persons.... couldn't catch one of em. Tried my best.

Good luck catching them.... wish I could.

Hope you have got on top of your problem. :D

Hi everyone, I could do with a bit of help here please....

I've just heard something running about in our attic... sounds like its got hobnailed boots on! I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I know i need to catch whatever it is but might I need some professional something catcher? :o

have you seen shallow grave? are their any new holes in your ceiling :hihi:

i know my mate got people out from the council to deal with it for free, he is in derbyshire thou, dunno wot yorkshire authority rules are... i always assumed you had to pay for that kinda thing

doesn't it come under pest control or something...

Contact the council maybe?

Councils (depends which one) only usually come out to deal with rats.

EDIT: Rats and bed bugs apparently are free, most other things are £48 for a visit

I've had mice in an attic before - you wouldn't have believed it, at night it sounded like something out of the exorcist, very loud. A larger bird like a pigeon might make an awful lot of noise? It's more likely to be a squirrel but I wouldn't have thought they would thump around much. Also be careful if it is, it's likely to be quite vicious if it's been trapped up there a while.

Archived