Help, something running around in the attic

I'm wondering if I have something in my house now... Nothing to suggest it except I just found a chocolate wrapper shredded on my desk lol. Sounds daft but it's in tiiiny pieces, and unless it's been there weeks and my gerbils got to it, (Unlikely, I would've noticed them eating it) I'm not sure what else has done it :S

In the meantime, I'm burning incense sticks under the loft door so the smoke will go up there and my daughter is playing loud heavy metal music... if they don't go back outside they should have a headache at least!

Thanks for your postings.. I Will keep you all informed :(:o

I hope you made sure that the loft hatch was very firmly closed (which would probably negate the effects the incense sticks might possibly have), otherwise, you could end up with rat(s) in the house:gag:

I'm wondering if I have something in my house now... Nothing to suggest it except I just found a chocolate wrapper shredded on my desk lol. Sounds daft but it's in tiiiny pieces, and unless it's been there weeks and my gerbils got to it, (Unlikely, I would've noticed them eating it) I'm not sure what else has done it :S

If they're in the house you'll probably find droppings, along skirting boards and edges of rooms which they'll tend to run along.

As for the loft, you may be better off using traps. If you use poison (which is usually Warfarin) the rats won't die for some time, they'll wander off and knock themselves then bleed to death and if you don't know where the body is you'll end up with one almighty stink :gag: Not such a problem when they're outdoors but not good in the house.

I cant believe that lots of places had run out of Rat Poison! :o

But I've eventually got some and it's now in place... fingers crossed.

Apparently they are enticed, as one would expect, by stupid people putting food out for the birds!!

When will people realise that it isn't cold outside, there is plenty of food for the birds to find for themselves, they've been doing it since the beginning of time without their help! Fair enough it the ground if frozen and covered in snow then its a different matter, we can feel sorry for them, but please folks use your common sence.

I think it was perfectly that couple in kiveton park getting fined £50 for leaving food all over for the birds. Where are their brains?? :loopy:

Ok, i know its a bit different going to the park to feed ducks around a pond, but as anyone will tell you, the rats will be out at night to see if there is anything left. :gag:

:o eeeeek... we have a squirrel in the garden, but i didn't think it would come into the house..

It definately sounds like something more than a bird... :help:

my mate got squirrels in her loft ....earlier this year ...and yes they really do make alot of noise ....drove her crazy :loopy:

good luck ....:wave: clare x

hi , i had this problem a few years ago , we started to hear something running through the loft and it did sound loud as if it could have been something as big as a cat , then we used to hear crawling in the cavity of the walls , and also one night the light in the lounge started swinging cus it was pulling and gnawing at the cable under our bedroom floor , my family were terrified wondering what it was, it got that bad we finished up sleeping downstairs in the lounge ,after a lot of problems i finished up seeing a councillor , we had council pest control out with camera's to check the drains , nothing was found , as a last resort i took some floorboards up in the kitchen and there was a dead rat and i found the problem it was a broken drainpipe i think it's called a soilstack that comes down through the kitchen/bathroom to connect to sewarage drains , the rat/s were coming out of there going up the wall cavitys and running riot .so i think what you need to do is find out where the pest is coming from , we did have council pest control for so long after putting bait down as well , good luck .

oh yes ........ i just remembered ........get something done quick ...coz they chewed all the alarm wires n caused all kinds of trouble ....sorry !!!:gag:

but good luck again !! clare :wave: x

hi , i had this problem a few years ago , we started to hear something running through the loft and it did sound loud as if it could have been something as big as a cat , then we used to hear crawling in the cavity of the walls , and also one night the light in the lounge started swinging cus it was pulling and gnawing at the cable under our bedroom floor , my family were terrified wondering what it was, it got that bad we finished up sleeping downstairs in the lounge ,after a lot of problems i finished up seeing a councillor , we had council pest control out with camera's to check the drains , nothing was found , as a last resort i took some floorboards up in the kitchen and there was a dead rat and i found the problem it was a broken drainpipe i think it's called a soilstack that comes down through the kitchen/bathroom to connect to sewarage drains , the rat/s were coming out of there going up the wall cavitys and running riot .so i think what you need to do is find out where the pest is coming from , we did have council pest control for so long after putting bait down as well , good luck .

:gag: EEEEEEK :gag: Thanks guys, hopefully the poison will work quick, but it says it takes up to 3 weeks:huh: but council due out on 20th. Here's hoping, :(

Archived